hog hunters? channel runners? fishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by JERMSQUIRM, May 13, 2008.

what type are ya most of the time?

1. hog hunter mostly 20+ lbs

2. channel runner. fish alot for adverade sixe 2-15lbs

3. just a good old bank man. size don matter just happy fishing

4. fish for anything. bluegills to channels. dont matter.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    wondering what % of fisherman groups we have. the hog hunters. meaning target big fish most of the time. blues flatheads with big baits.

the channel runners. guys like me that drift for eaters and just fish for cats. picking up some nice ones and fish for big ones less often.

or just the fishin for fun folks. that dont have boats and $200 setups and are happy with a 6 pack and a lawn chair and livers. (rest in peace Dan Eggelston aka eggman. i miss ya)

ill toss in a misc group.

now this is primarily for cats. i fish for smallmouth and pond fish for largemouths often. but primary type is on boat channel fishing. the last group is the folks that toss on a worm and just fish for whatevers biting.

take in mind. this is most of the time. so just your primary fishing type.

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Jeremy it don't matter to me what i fish for i just love to be outdoor's if i catch something that's a bounus if i don't that's alright too .....sure beat's sitting inside the house all day :smile2:

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I voted Channel runner cause that's closest to me...but I'm somewhere in between channel runner and hog hunter. Usually have a couple baits out for average fish and eaters but usually also have at least one big bait out for boss hog...:wink:

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    pretty close to me. but hogs dont come often. there in the lake i fish but i am usually in the channel zones.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Channel runner. Most of the time I have people on the boat that don't get out that often. My goal is to just put em on fish and let the good times roll. LOL!

6. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I'll take what Ican get,but I concentrate most of my effort on hawgs.My goal this year is a fifty-plus# Blue or Flathead.

7. CATFISHERMAN001

CATFISHERMAN001 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    I think I am a combination of all, I am hog hunting but while I hog hunt, I will catch whatever is biting to pass the time.

8. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`m after the big boys, I`m really after the state record flathead. Never hurts to dream.

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Guess I'm not much of a hog hunter,I go mostly just to relax and hopefully catch enough eating size cats to put in freezer for later use. Such as when there is 6 " of snow on the fishing is slow.But I sure wouldn't turn down a big ol hog if it came along.

10. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'd say Hog's but in order to get hogs, you have to catch bait. A cattin trip is like 2 trips in one for me.

11. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I would have to say I would be the last one I love fishing for everything I can catch but at the same time I love catfishing too and catching big ones, but the last one describes me best if there biting i love to catch them.

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I bank fish for whatever comes my way.

13. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i fish for hogs up till june 15th when they go on the beds here.the rest of the year i spend fishinf in a small river for flatheads or what ever will bite.

14. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Pigs, it's all about the pigs:big_smile: I enjoy catching fish, but if I got a choice between 1 50# and 10 5#s, I'll take the 50 any day:smile2:

Since I CPR most of the flats and blues, I enjoy the occasional nice size channel to make sure the fryer still works:wink:

15. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    While anything that pulls back will make me happy, I resolve to put cut or live bait on one rig. It will be just as easy to get skunked on the biggun's as the runts.

16. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I consider myself a hog hunter. I like catching fish period, but always persue the big ones. This year I want to go for big flatheads and break my PB. I love catching channel cats and practice CPR on the big ones. Usually I'm fishing 80% bank and 20% boat.:big_smile:

Mark..

17. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    I voted channel hunter, beacuse of gas prices I fish close to home. I don't keep alot of fish to eat I just like to fight them. I am planing a trip to mark twain lake in june for HOG FLATHEADS on rod and reel. does anybody ideas on good locations need lots of help!!!

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    hog hunters have the lead. :crazy::wink:

19. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I am a " HOG HUNTER ". I fish exclusively for the big ones. I do fish for bait and once that is caught.....I fish for big Flatheads and big blues.:crazy:

20. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Im a good ol bank buddy, long as im fishing, im having fun:wink:. If i catch something then that just makes the day better for me.:big_smile: