Hog hunt pics

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by Texas.410, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Texas.410

Texas.410 New Member

State:
    Texas
    If you had the chance to slip away and do some hog hunting, show a pic of how it went.

This is a Sow 170 lb. Rifle is a 30-06.

Attached Files:

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice pig Joe. Thats something I always wanted to do, but haven't had the chance yet. They say southern Ohio is getting thick with them.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice Hog ,Joe . Thanks for sharing the pic.

4. Texas.410

Texas.410 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I hear they are over running alot of places.

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I try to make a run down to TX every couple years to hunt with an old friend of mine...we always have a blast with the hogs. Here's one from 2 trips ago.

take care
    mike

Attached Files:

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    nice hogs yall. i hope to go saturday, i'll post pics if i get anything.

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Good Luck, let us know how you make out. I was down in Feb and got a couple with the bow...but I'm itchin to come back soon. You hunting them all at night now?? Gotta be way to hot during daylight hours huh??

good luck
    mike

8. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Nice hog. Hvae always wanted to go but just havent had the time maybe next year.

9. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    nice hog ya got there. i was going to go hog huntin down in oklahoma but my ride kinda decided not to go.

10. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    I'm not a hog hunter but I remember when I was little and my dad was a young man they would catch the hogs with dogs. A brave soul would jump in and hog tie the pig and they would drag it out of the woods on an old VW hood, put it in a pen,fatten it up, and sell it at market. Does anyone still do this?

11. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Well larry, they still do that..... kind of. These days when hogs are caught that way, they normally sell them to hunting ranches, not at the market. They can get WAY more money selling them to the ranches for the rich folks to kill. I've got a really good friend who's a BOC brother, wood18, who is currently training some hog dogs. I guess we'll find out what kind of fun that hog dog hunting is. I've been on 3 hog dog hunts now & we haven't got anything. I'll bet it's a hoot when you actually get a pig caught!!!

12. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i saw a lot of sign on my trip, didn't see any hogs... a lot of deer though! if/when i can get out there again i will post pics if i kill anything.

13. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    they still do that in here in south texas, but my buddies usually corner them w/ a pitbull an jump on the hogs back lift up his leg & stab him in the heart!!!!:crazy: talk about brave souls & these arent small hogs either!!!

14. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    Nice Hogs!!! I've never been, but hope to get one with my bow sometime soon. . .
    Mike

15. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    great hogs!!! i've never got around to goin but im hopin to stick one with my bow someday.

16. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Nice picture Joe, thanks for sharing.

Been invited to do some Hog hunting on a friends farm down in Texas. Looking forward to going.

17. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Very nice Hog! Thanks for the pic!

18. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    im diein to go hog huntin. ive seen some tv shows and some dvds and i want to go. hopefully ill get to shoot one someday soon. nice hogs. congrats

19. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    where the bacon???????oh in sombodys frezer great job:big_smile:

20. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    To bad you didnt see any hogs, but its good you saw all those deer. I have read and watched on tv that hogs are really hurting deer populations. If yousaw a lot of deer, my guess would be there arent may hogs around...?