Hocking again..Aug 9

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Chris Giff, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Chris Giff

Chris Giff New Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    Found a new spot tonite..deepest hole I've found near Nelsonville..about 15 to 20 foot deep right off the side of a set of riffles..Fished at the edge of the riffles from 8 to 9:30..caught one fish a 13 lb flatty on frozen whole 4 inch shad..Had a gill head out also and missed a nice hit..felt it jerk right out of his mouth don't think I gave him time to get it all in.

had to leave early..apparently my glow sticks were duds and I hate running a light watching the poles so I just packed up..have class in the morning anyways.

They're slowly getting bigger for me lol.
    self shooting with your camera on a 2 inch muddy bank is sure a pain in the butt..sorry for bad pic.

Attached Files:

2. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    nice catch, he may not be a monster but its better than what ive got in my last 5 trips :embarassed::angry::sad2::wink:............RAT

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    looks like you were concentrating on that shot,though lol

good fish man

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Nice catch Chris glad to see your onto some new spots. There is fish in this ole river!

5. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    Good report. There has to be some nice sized flatheads somewhere in that river!

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like a great fish, congrats and good luck in the future

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Oh there is (smilin) It may have been found in several spot from Logan to Nelsonville an then to the Plains an beyond. Awful nice fishing holes down thru there an the flatties can be found if your looking in the right spot-(Nothing that I would know about of course) Anyways we all know some flats have been coming from the river small an some larger that may not be mentioned here on the site. That being said the river hasn't been pressured like most area's. I don't really think it will get pressured all that bad anyways alot of reasonings for this that most in the area know what I mean. Fish on all an good luck to you!
    Forrest Gump said: That's all I got to say about that

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  8. Chris Giff

Chris Giff New Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    Alot of the people that even live on or near the river don't even realize there's anything in it...I tell people I'm going fishing and they laugh when I say the Hocking..lets hope it stays that way.

If I do manage to hook a monster I'm just gonna say it came from Lake Logan or Burr Oak to help keep it not pressured. :smile2:

oh and I think my favorite thing about the hocking is I can fish both sides without moving haha.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  9. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    there is some good ones in there my pb come out of there 56.5# but my luck here latley has not been good hoping to hit the ohio river this weekend if i dont have to work

10. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    everybody goes after the smallmouths that fishes this little river