Hmmmm...... how 'bout another double?

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by jlingle, Feb 1, 2009.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Jeeze, cats are everywhere right now. I caught a cat today at a set I'd nearly given up on. I remade it yesterday somewhat, and put a scentpost in the back of the set. Bingo. Funny thing, when I pulled up to this set in the truck, I had my little boy with me & I was telling him "son, this doesn't look right.... looks like we've got something here..... what's that red thing?" About that time, that cat raised its head up, it had been asleep!!!!! The wind was blowing really hard today & it was just laying there in the sun, so it'd dozed off with a foot in my trap. Me and my son really got a kick out of that. That sucker freaked smooth out when he woke up.

The second cat was in a set where I'd caught another cat before. It was a remake. The set was between 2 really small wheatfields. That cat was a small one, and I'd probably have let it go if I'd had a better catchpole. I couldn't get it done with the equipment at hand though. Oh well. Into the freezer!!!!

[​IMG]

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Great pics and you are certainly a cat trapper. Every day it seems you have at least one. I hope ya catch every last one of the turkey eatin varmints. Are they worth much this year?

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Holy Cow,Jarred:smile2: Man you turned into a cat catchin fool. Congrats on the second double.:cool2:

4. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Thanks guys. I sold some yesterday. My best cats brought $135, 125 and 80. My worst brought a dollar. The 3 good cats were really big, nice toms that brought that money. There weren't any other cats there at the buying station yesterday that brought that kind of money.

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Whoa, I was thinkin' CAT.....oh yeah, BOBcat.

Glad to see I was correct. My mom's first cousin traps a lot of cats/coons/other in the panhandle of Texas for the ranchers there.

Beautiful animals.

6. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Man you had better be careful catching all of those cats ... somebody out there will want to put them on the Endangered Species list ... :wink: Great Job ... Garry-