Hmmm What Rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Pooh, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Pooh

Pooh Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey Everyone, I just bought 2 Tidewater 30L baitcasters and I'm wondering what would be a good rod to put them on. I'm lookn for a medium heavy action rod either 8 or 9 feet. I prefer my channel rods to be the opposite of the stiffer side of medium heavy action rods. I duno if this will help but I have this 9 foot Rhino baitcast combo from cabelas. Im not sure if anyone has felt the action of one those rods, but I love it. Oh yea 50 bucks is my limit for each rod.

Thanks

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    well go back to cabelas and pick you up 2 9' cabelas king kat rods $50 for bouth should have the action your looking for.

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    american spirit nite sticks are good i just bought a berkley big game rod witch i just bought seems to be a good one as well.

4. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Nite sticks are hard to beat for the money.

5. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    American Spirit Nitestick Pro rods are probably the best rod you'll get for under $45 or so. :wink: They're my favorite rod, and I've owned most of the popular ones.

6. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I bought two 8' med hvy Meathunters today in Tulsa. I'm gong to use them on my boat and bank fishing where I don't have to throw a long way. They are good looking rods.

7. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I picked up my 9 foot Nite Stick for 32.99. It has handled everything with ease so far. I still want a couple Catfish Safari or Team Catfish rods though. You are looking at 79.00 a rod though.

8. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    King Kat or ugly stick would be a good choice

9. Pooh

Pooh Member

State:
    Illinois
    So the King Kat rods are good ones? The only thing i don't like is the fact that it only has 5 guides