Hmmm...chumming idea

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Scott Daw, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I was wondering with the spring sucker runs coming soon, has anyone ever just ground up bait, freeze it into blocks to either bait a site or to hang in a bag or holey bucket by the boat to make a chum slick like they do saltwater fishing? If so how did you do? I only have channel cats & bullheads in my area. I was thinking about it at the grocery store yesterday as I got a bag of onions and that netting looked like I could recycle it. hehehe Naturally, I'd be fishing some cut bait from the same fish by the chum.

2. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    well what about chicken liver?? Mostly I use this liver or worms for channel.

3. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    Never done it with suckers, but have tried it with ground up shad. The results were OK.

4. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have a small hand crank grinder on the boat, When I change bait the old bait gets ground up and into the water it goes. Makes a nice trail of oil and blood. the same results could be achieved, dicing up some of the bait at hand with a knife on the bait board and placing it in the onion sack with a rock. Use a rope to let it down and retrieve it.

5. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    You can take liver blend,in the blender and return to the tub and freeze.When ready to use,cut a hole through the top portion of the tub and run a cord through.Then make some slits in the tub.This way your attracting fish and not feeding them.Works great for channels and blues.:smile2:

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    scott you can use a minnow bucket liner.it already has holes in it.just use some kind of weight to sink it down to the depth you want it.

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I check with ur local DHR office before I would chum.