hmmm....any difference between catfishing in different states

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by ReelErInn, Sep 14, 2006.

1. ReelErInn

ReelErInn New Member

State:
    Arizona baby
    I know this is gonna sound dumb but is there a difference between texas catfishing and any other state catfishing?? haha...i dont fish too much...but uh...is it because maybe theres more fish in one place than another or what?? kudos please =]:big_smile:

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Well First, welcome To The Boc!!!,catfishing Is Catfishing,might Be Bigger In Texas But It's All The Same

3. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Welcome to the BOC.
    As far as fishing from state to state I would have to say that the southern states have produced bigger fish for me.
    Some things to think about..... water temp ( warmer water has less o2 so the fish go deeper) under water conture ( ledges channels fallin tree's most under water structure hold fish better) rivers( currant) or lakes( therocline) Also fishing pressure ( how many people fish whee you fish)and what bait to use. the best I can do for you would be to say talk to the Local's in any state... Most people will clue you in to whowhat where and when...
    But the most important thing is Just Do It and once again Welcome to the BOC brother
    Marc:smile2:

4. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Welcome to the BOC.
    As far as fishing from state to state I would have to say that the southern states have produced bigger fish for me.
    Some things to think about..... water temp ( warmer water has less o2 so the fish go deeper) under water conture ( ledges channels fallin tree's most under water structure hold fish better) rivers( currant) or lakes( thermocline) Also fishing pressure ( how many people fish where you fish)and what bait to use. the best I can do for you would be to say talk to the Local's in any state... Most people will clue you in to whowhat where and when...
    But the most important thing is Just Do It and once again Welcome to the BOC brother
    Marc:smile2:

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I would say the basics are the same with slight difference's. Such as baits, where fish are active a different times of year and things like that but nothing major. I would say that local regulations vary more state by state the actual catfish.

6. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    First off Im sorry about the brother thing the avatar did not come up.
    ok we have pulled some nice kittys out of the Colarado River by Williams Az,
    Chicken liver and tons of sinkers good luck and Happy Fishing:embarassed:

7. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    The biggest difference between here in Texas and places farther North is that its hotter than blue blazes more months out of the year and we fish all year 'round.

8. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    fishins fishin.. the only thing that changes is the pound test and the rigs..... maybe not even that......

welcome to the BOC...............................................HI

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    THe Catfishing is the same where ever you are at :lol:

10. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    The southern cats croke with a drawl. :haha:

11. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    im in kentucky and i fish all year round just dress warmer lol

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Pretty much catfishing tactics,tackle,structure and baits are the same for the fish you are going to target anywhere you go. What changes is the type of catfish in the waters being fished and as a general rule the spawn will start in the southern states first and make there way north as the water temperatures rise.

13. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    LOL:lol: Yes Sir DWReel that thay do.

14. Mr. Rooster

Mr. Rooster New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    texas, that's all...

15. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Not 100 percent true some states don't even have catfish. However the one's that do yes it is kinda the same some baits work in some states while other's do not. That is just my two cents worth