HL letoff?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by blindfly69, Jul 30, 2006.

1. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    recently i purchased a martin jaguar and i have one question that i plain forgot to ask....what does the HL mean? thats what is listed as the letoff...does it mean HIGH LETOFF?

2. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    the HL cams mean high letoff. if i am not mistaking, the jaguar dual cam HL cams are 75 % letoff. do you enjoy shooting it? i loved the jaguar i had.

3. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i love shootin this bow....for the money its really quick. how long ago did you have yours?

4. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i bought mine new in 1999 or 2000 i can't remember. i give $225.00 for just the bow, nothing on it.

5. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i believe the jaguar was ibo rated at 301 feet per second. at that time, it was one of the faster bows out there, especially for the price. the top bow that year was a martin fury which had the fury cams. it was rated at a blazing 325 to 330 feet per second. it blew the other bows out of the water as far as speed. i also had one of those. it was very fast but not very forgiving. i wouldn't trade the jaguar for the fury. the fury also only had 65 % letoff but man, it sure would sling those arrows.