Hitting the white river

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by drpepper, Jun 28, 2008.

1. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well, Crash and burned on the Rocky Point gig so Shadgut and I are gonna hit the white river tonight in his jet,, We'll keep y'all posted.

2. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    Good luck guys!!! Hope you catch a monster!!

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It was a slow night for us; 2 channel 1 flathead.
    I seen a stretch of the river I'd never got to see in all my years of fishing in that jet-- that was sweet I'd love to scout that a few days for good hole's. and I am gettin' one of those bad boys, y'all can count on that:wink: Thanks for the trip shadgutter. gimme a holler when your ready to go again bro.
    O yeah... cool thing, shadgutter netted a nice saugeye in the cast net... now that was different! he's got pictures.

4. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Sounds like you got some future considerations for fishing holes there. Over the last couple of years I've caught some decent sized sauger out of the river. First one I got was 18" when I was fishing a water discharge, drifting minnows.

5. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    i was out on the white all night also. only managed one channel. and last weekend went out saturday and only caught two nice channels. must be that time of the year for them. how big was the flathead.

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ya know,, I don't know how little it was, I flipped 'er back into the water w/o weighing it, I'd say 10 er 12#'s maybe? larry's got a pic.. held it close to the camera to add a few more pounds to it:wink: maybe he'll post it?
    I tell ya, We we're just in a bad spot for half the night is all - just didnt move around in the dark due to treacheous waters, the channel's were'nt too bad though 1 bull 1 female.

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah Rick, thats where we was when he netted the sauger (not saugeye) at the Indy water treatment plant discharge which attracts bait fish and in turn of course, sauger and smallmouth etc (he netted a sm too.)
    Larry's also got a pic of the sauger.

8. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    did the storm hit you guys last night. it start raining then it stopped for about an hour then it just poored on us for about another hour. i was hoping when the storm was coming that it might trigger something but we only had one run at the end of it. then we called it a night around 4 am.

9. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    No, got to the ramp at around 2:30 am by the time we trailered the boat and put on our seatbelts it started the rain.... by the time I got home 10 min later it was pouring the rain! Where was you at? we were @ Waverly and ran up to around southport road.

10. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    we were up in indy we launched at riverside park.

11. shadgutter

shadgutter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    here are a couple of pictures from saturday night, nice flatty bill, that seems 2 be the average flatty in that area. white river at night is always an adventure. went out and took my boy yesterday late afternoon, took 50 or so cast with net 2 get bait, only fished one hour, spent 2 hours tryen 2 get bait. we caught a few small channels.

Attached Files:

12. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    still sounds like a good time... you need to go south of that ramp.... its not fished that hard south of there..

13. shadgutter

shadgutter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    fish north and south of there alot, if u now of some good spots lets go, last year biggest fish in that area we caught was 30lb.

14. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    nice fish good pics

15. Jetdoc

Jetdoc New Member

State:
    Mooresville Indiana
    They were still biting tonight. Missed a few takedowns but did manage to C.P.R this 19lb flatty.

Attached Files:

16. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nice flat bro.

17. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    Nice fish Roy!! Glad you caught one.

18. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Hey, Nice fish ROY:wink:

BIGCAT GarryEads