Hitting the Salt

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Salty1, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    I am so pumped !!!! I am going out tomorrow the 27th fishing on a piece of private property that butts up to the Salt River. I have permission to fish this property occasionally throughout the year and this is the first time this year. I always do good here as far as numbers. The biggest one to be taken from here is a 13 lb. Blue. My friend and I will be targeting mostly Flats this time and our bait will be live Bluegills from the 6 acre lake that is about 400 yards from the river. I have not fished this spot since late last year so I will have to leave around 2 p.m. since I expect to have to clear trees and trim grass around our spot since the ice storm probably dropped lots of trees. I will be armed with my chainsaw and trimmer and ready to do battle against the trees and grass. I expect to put my first line in around 7 p.m. or early. I just got done prepping my poles and cant wait. I will report later on our luck !!!!!!!!:wink:

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good luck John an keep us informed on how you did.

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good luck to ya john,hope you catch a big one

4. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Well after about two hours of cleaning we finally had a spot that was open for us to fish in. While I was cleaning the debris I made a small spot that I was able to get a line the water and after about twenty minutes I heard my bell ringing and I had caught a 2 lb. channel.The current was kind of strong and the water was very muddy. We sat there till about 11 p.m. and had nothing but small tugs on our bait.:angry: We had a good time enjoying the outdoors and fighting the bugs. When I try this spot again I will do another report.