Hitting The River Today!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Apr 1, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Me and Skip are gonna try the Muskingum today for some channel cats. Looks as if the rain has moved out, and it should be a nice afternoon to be on the water. I will let ya know how it went later, but if I catch a waterdog, My gear will be up for sale!:wink::smile2: rollo

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Good Luck to you all!!! Me and Mankind are going fishing somewhere tomorrow, not sure if were hitting the river or a lake.
    If you catch a waterdog, hook him and use him for bait.:roll_eyes::smile2:

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Just like you Rollo to rub it in as I set here at work!:sad2:

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Im with you Darryl at work I need to win a lottery or something :smile2:, good luck Jason

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I resemble that remark!!! Catch a biggun Rollo...W

6. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    catch 1 for me Rollo iam off to work again lol

7. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Rollo Ive been cathin nice channels in farm ponds but have been caught up withe crappie fever. Havent made it on the Ohio River yet so tell us how you do. To bad we didnt get in the flathead frenzy, I know we could have given some competition. Good luck to ya.

8. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA

What's up with that Jason? I'm working a double too :sad2: :smile2:

Hope you having great success!

9. rich crabtree

rich crabtree New Member

State:
    ohio
    well bro, id like to wish good luck, BUT , i could all ways use more gear:smile2::wink: i start the biding at $200.00 :crazy::big_smile_2::0a34:

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Make sure you bring some hot dogs, Skip!:wink::smile2:

I'll be in Ohio by saturday morning!

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Fishing stunk! I dunno if it was the front that came through this morning or what. But, we struggled. Water temps. hovered around 53 deg. on the river. Channel cats didn't seem to be in the places that I thought they should be, we ended up with 3 fish landed, and some misses as well. Two channel cats and a flathead were boated. It was a weird day of fishing. The channel cats were caught on chicken liver in logjams, and nothing would touch cut shad! We tried cut gills also, and it was unproductive. The flathead hit around 1:30 this afternoon, and took a live bluegill around 4 inches. I was pretty disappointed in the day on the water, but it was nice to get out and do some fishing with the S-man. Better luck to us next time Skip it can't get much worse lol. Thanks for making the drive up here to go. I owe ya a good trip now before end of the summer!:wink: rollo

12. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    oh well thats fishing sometimes you catch em and sometimes you dont but you caught something:smile2:

13. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    The crappie fishin here slowed because of the front but the bass fishin stepped up. I caught alot of bass today but hardly any crappie. I say the front slowed the fishin.

14. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I had a good time Rollo, thanks for the trip. It wasn't like we didn't try, we threw everything at them. I did forget the green -Jello/hotdogs though.

Here is the pic of Jason's flathead though.

Its still early, I'm sure we will catch em next time.

Attached Files:

15. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hey skip, whatever happened with the big fishoff you had going last year with that girl boccer (can't remember her name)? Who whooped up on who?

16. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I put her out of the running right off the bat with a 40+, she never came back lol.

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Fishing stunk down this way on the Ohio river yesterday. Bait was our biggest problem, couldn't catch any gills and nothing with the cast net. We had a couple bites but no fish.:sad2:
    Water temp in the main river was 53* and 60* in the shallows of the Little Sandy. Shouldn't be too long now...:cool2: