Hitting Saguaro Tomarrow

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Will Fish4Food, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Will Fish4Food

Will Fish4Food New Member

State:
    AZ
    Any good spots to fish from shore around the Butcher Jones Rec area? Will probably be using worms and/or corn for bait so I'm not targeting specific fish. So cats, carp, and pretty much anything else is fine as long as it puts up a good fight.

2. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    go to butcher jones and walk all the way back the the fishing dock out there before you get on the dock go threw a gate thing and walk down there is a point off of there (about 20 feet from the dock on the southeast side) fish that point cast as far as you can towards the main lake with worms and reel in kinda slow you might get snagged a few times but you will catch alot of fish i will promise you largemouth,yellowbass, bluegills alot of different fish. I love that spot and if you have minnows you might get a few trout. hope this helps!

3. Will Fish4Food

Will Fish4Food New Member

State:
    AZ
    Thanks! That sounds perfect. I've heard that yellow bass are good eating so hopefully I'll catch a few to try.

4. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Bring two cans of corn, 1 creamy, 1 regular. Take the creamy corn add water so it is watered down, spread half the can off the fishing dock in about 10-20 feet of water. Put regular corn on a smaller hook, like #6 or #4 drop shot hooks work well, an throw passed the corn oil slick, and chill out. Catch carp all day that way. First try off the bottom, then put a bobber on with about 6-8 feet of line hanging below bobber with a small split shot. Cut the carp up you caught, use for bait. Cut carp, is great bait!

5. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    hey your a real smart guy there rcaarizona.

6. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I catch caro off white bread and corn all the time and never thought of cream corn for chum. That is a great idea you got there and I will try on the next trip for sure. :wink: