Hitting Monroe Res. Tomorrow.

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by hawghaul, Sep 5, 2009.

1. hawghaul

hawghaul New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The girlfriend and I are going to go hit the reservoir tomorrow. Probably our dock down at Cutright SRA. If anyone from the BOC is feeling a little like getting out of the house, come drop by and catch some fish with us. We fish off the docks for catfish and back in toward the inlet for bluegill and other tiny guys.

We will most likely hit the water around 9:30-10:30. I'll be trying out my first baitcaster as well, so don't laugh too hard.

Hopefully I see some of you there.

2. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    good luck on your fishing trip tomorrow

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good luck Taylor... I love Monroe... But it's gonna be jam packed with drunken idiots this weekend :sad2:

4. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good luck Taylor let us know how ya did

5. hawghaul

hawghaul New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah, I'm hoping that staying up past the causeway will avoid some of those idiots. We might not be going there now, though. Sarah was talking about going to my parents' for a little cook out and some fishing in their pond. Its fine with me either way. We went there Friday and I caught two channels out of it, which hit the crawler I was suspending like mack trucks. Only a couple pounds, but still a fight on a light rod with horrible drag.

I'll let you all know how the trip goes either way.

6. gofish98

gofish98 New Member

State:
    Lafayette Indiana
    yelp , have to agree ! I think I'll go to basspro shop instead of fishing today:wink:

7. hawghaul

hawghaul New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went to Salt Creek yesterday morning. Not much going on there. It was relatively quiet just after the rain until two families with 10 kids showed up and started making a ruckus. Sarah had to work, so we came home a bit early and did a few things here.

Last night we went back out to Cutright. I got a good run, but lost him. I'm not sure he was big enough to have all of the bait in his mouth. I did, however, catch a decent sized bass, in the 15in. range on a dollar lure I got at Wal-Mart and my new baitcaster. Didn't get him up on the dock, because he shook loose just as I was going to grab him, but the girlfriend saw him. Not technically a catch, but still pretty happy about it. Not a bite otherwise.

I know some of the other guys were heading out as well, staying out camping I believe. Hopefully they have more to report.

8. chris_ce

chris_ce New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Don't you just love other peoples kids.:angry:
    I don't ever catch much at Monroe either. Maybe we will have to get some of these guys that fish it show us some good spots.

9. gofish98

gofish98 New Member

State:
    Lafayette Indiana
    well you know what they say 90% of the fish is in 10% of the water , and at over 10000 acres , sometime it hard to find that 10% of the water :smile2:ya just gotta keep pound'n it and stay on the move .their still there ya just gotta find em