Hitting Deer Creek Spillway tonight...

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by teaysvalleyguy, May 19, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Little brother and myself will be hitting the spillway tonight. If anyone wants to meet up just give me a shout. 614-989-4170. Tea

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Good luck,wish I lived a little closer.I'm planning on hitting Deer creek or Buckeye at least 1 time this year.Let us know how you did.

3. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    GOOD LUCK MAN, any flatheads in there

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    good luck Tea, I would come and join you but it looks like the outlflow is very high.

5. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    Good Luck Tea,catch some good ones

6. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Well, got home around 1ish. I had 2 nice runs just could not hook up. Story of my life. LMAO Little brother got 1 small channel on Cut Shad. We got there around 7:30ish and got about 40 shad for bait. We have extra for freezer as well now also. I left and he was staying all night. Have not heard from him but when I do I will let yall know how he did.

Jack, the outflow was running but water level was down. Kinda weird. Shad were easy to come by, with some nice big ones netted.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Me and Mellon were there, now I remember why I dont like fishing that place, tons of small channel cats just pecking away:big_smile:

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the one and only time i fished there i got pecked to death by those little b#@$@#$s, as well as getting hung up every cast.

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes, it was not nor will it ever be one of my favorite spots.

HOWEVER....

I did some driving around on the way home, I like the looks of some of the coves w/ the fallen timber in them. :smile2:

10. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    When did you guys go there??

Little brother left around 10 this morning. He was up on the High Wall. He said he got 2-3 more small ones. But that way it.

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Was he wearing a gret sweatshirt? I got there around 4am, Jack got there around 4:20AM. We fished on down from everyone else. Was he using Berkley Glowsticks?

12. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Just talked to him, he said that around 3:30-4:00 he got chilly and tired. Went to the truck to take a nap. He was parked on west side of dam in a Black GMC Truck.

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeap there were folding charis & fishing poles in the back of the truck. there was a smaller truck parked next to his. I was 2 parking spots over from them.

14. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Yeah, the smaller truck was blue probably. That was my cousins. I wish I would of known you guys were going out there I would of met you back there. Next time give me a shout. 614-989-4170