Hitting Buckhorn dam tonight

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by papabear108, Mar 24, 2009.

1. papabear108

papabear108 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey guys I am taking my son up to buckhorn for a few hours this evening. I will report my findings.

Brian"BEAR" Lantz:wink:

2. papabear108

papabear108 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Ok. So i fished just below buckhorn dam on the cape fear river tonight. Missed a nice one but that was the only strike we had. We, my son and I, used sonny's regular formula and small frozen bream. We got a hit on the bream but that was it. I don't know what I am doing.........:embarassed:. The river is up, the air temp was in the forties and a cold front is approaching. Fished from 8pm est till 9:30. I know that isn't much time but my son has school tomorrow. I was hoping that we would hit it just right. but I missed the mark.:tounge_out:

Brian

3. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    Brian, You might want to give the boat ramp on hwy.42 a shot. Theres a good place to bank fish between the ramp and the highway. Deep water and not many hang ups. A lot of people I have talked to have reported good results with cut eel and cut bream. Also there have been some nice flatheads caught a little later on using live bait. There is a HOT ditch running right back of the parking lot that is usually a good place for some bream and eel on shrimp or worms. Be careful as this is a very deep channel with steep banks. You are welcome to pm me or call and I'll try to help you in any way I can. Also have been reports of some large cats out of the Hot ditch. It runs from Progress Energy's Coal Fired Plant to down near the damn before returning to the river. GOOD LUCK--- Fred

4. papabear108

papabear108 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks Fred. I have been real busy at the house so I have only been able to fish here and there. As soon as things calm down at my house we are gonna have to get together and catch some bigguns.

Brian "BEAR" Lantz