Hittin Up the Cape Fear Tomorrow Night

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Mako, May 22, 2009.

1. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    Im hitting up the Cape FEar tomorrow night is anyone gonna be out there? I think im just gonna try up here in Fayetteville...... Usually dont fish up here but gonna try it out.....:confused2:

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Good luck man, let us know how it goes!

3. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    went to fayetteville stratch of river last night. Fished from 6pm til 2am and was the slowest night ive had in 3 years. Only had 1 hit which stole a brim. I heard the cats were spawning but geez had no idea it would be like that. Anyone else go and have any luck?

4. Cathunter Pete

Cathunter Pete New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    When they're on the beds this time of the year, it's tough fishing, the best I've ever done was pulled 3 out when they're on the beds and that was fishing all nite long, and the fish weren't very big. About a week or so left and the bite will be back on!

5. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    You should have stuck with what you now Captin (lol) . Na just playin with ya . The bites of everywhere it seems from what i've seen on here , and my own experiance . So dont be to hard on yourself:smile2::tounge_out::smile2:. We need to get out there and give em he** Dan . Call me when you get some free time . :0a23:

6. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    actually.......big fish are not that hard to find.........its just getting them to bite............thats the challange!...............if youre catchin a bunch of little ones pull up and move........they dont give the big ones time to bite! most big fish are caught on slow bite nights!:wink:

7. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    I 2nd that :canny: after all wouldnt the little be scared to get eatin by one of them hogs? so i would think the little ones wouldnt be anywhere near the bigguns...... just my thought.:dribble:

8. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    sure would dan........we have used them for bait in hard times and guess what...........they work................lol! we have caught flatheads on little bitty flatheads! marine biology reports have stated that in some reservoirs........catfish primary food source is........................other catfish!

9. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    That pic I got of Tommy thats in his avatar the fish shoulda been bait!

10. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    lol...............you might of caught something better that night if you had!........just wait...........the weekends comming!

11. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    i agree tom...........we'll work on that this weekend........i need another plaque on my wall:wink: