Hittin the ole fishin hole!

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by dragster2006, Sep 13, 2009.

1. dragster2006

dragster2006 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Heading out to osage state lake tonight. was there earlier fishin for gill cause i was bored but only caught one. was plannin on using it for flathead bait but i hooked it wrong and it flew off of my hook (im a dork!) lol :smile2: They just weren't biting today but the water level seems to be good and the water temp was fairly warm. just was a little bit to windy to fish earlier though. goin back tonight to do some night fishing for some channels.

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas

3. dragster2006

dragster2006 New Member

State:
    Kansas

lol thanks man! yeah i didnt stay out there... bunch of bad things started happenin lol started feelin sick and my damn flashlight broke lol and i couldn't see sh*t lol and i couldnt depend on moonlight cause its cloudy tonight. but i got a few good bites one of them stayed on the line for a bit but it got away. i guess the hook didnt set cause i was using trebles for my liver cause i ran out of my big single hooks haha so i just said screw it and went home :tounge_out: im gonna be takin a trip to the bait shop tomorrow to buy some big hooks though for sure. and im gonna try and make it out tomorrow night. what kind of hooks should i get?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  4. phatboyz

phatboyz New Member

State:
    kansas
    I use 2-0 and 4-0 khale and circle hooks

5. dragster2006

dragster2006 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    where would i purchase those at? could i purchase those in topeka at the fishing hole on topeka blvd? because i plan on going camping tomorrow night and i plan on pulling an all-nighter fishing LOL! POMONA BABY YEAHHH! :smile2:

6. phatboyz

phatboyz New Member

State:
    kansas
    yes most baitstores carry the above hooks..Some dont carry circlehooks while others do.If topeka doesnt have it on the blvd you might try the gas station at green acres down by pomona

7. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Walmart will have them or drive a little more and go to the bait shop on Highway 24 and support a local company.

8. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    im willin to bet that Don at the Bait Hut will have what you are lookin for and then some.

9. dragster2006

dragster2006 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    lol i think im just gonna have to go take some money out of the bank and get some gas, so i can drive down to all of these bait shops :D i plan on goin on a shopping spree! lol i looked at walmart though and the largest hooks i could find was a 5/0 but there were trebles there that were 10/0 but i dont want trebles. poo. :embarassed: