hittin the grand at brunsick tomorrow

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by jlcperformance, Jul 17, 2009.

1. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    tomorrow night (friday night) me and fishin fool are headin over to brunswick to hit the grand. wish us luck and if any of u guys have any suggestions would be glad to hear'em. btw will be using perch and shad for bait. wish us luck.......jeff

2. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Good Luck Guys. I normally fish that area. You shouldn't have to go to far up to find some current. The Thompson is still a little muddy so you should have a little color down there. Hope you catch a biggun....

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good luck fellas and keep us posted on the outcome.

4. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    didnt do very good last night, only caught one fish....a stinkin gar. must have picked the wrong places to fish. fished on shallow flats on the inside bends. missed on a couple of good bites so that kinda sucked but still nice to be out on the water. got a lil chilly last nite too.

5. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    Gar seemed to be about the only thing bitin'...at least on the shad. Didn't really have much action on the perch. Started fishing behind the dike where the Grand dumps into the Missouri...NO LUCK!!! At dark we moved to a flat just above the outside bend of the river...NO LUCK!!! Next we moved to a flat just below the inside bend and were probably fishing in about 3-8 feet of water. Caught one gar...other than that...NO LUCK!!! Had a few decent hits on live bait, but no real pole benders. Just wondering if any of you river pros could give us some tips for our next trip so we don't have a repeat performance.....THANKS!!!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  6. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    sorry to hear that. i just dont think they are biten anywhere.i had 60 hooks in the water for 2 days and kept them baited and still only caught 10 fish. my biggest was 8 pounds. the rest was 4 and 5 .

7. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    call me when u got ready