Hit the water today

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by ryang, Mar 7, 2009.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ok well not really hit the water but I did with the worms LOL. I met up with Bobby Lee and Jerryb at the Spillway this morning and Bobby Lee taught me a way easy way to cast net (I actually got it to open every time after he showed me). If you want to know the way to do it look up Neo Cats videos in Youtube thats where Bobby Lee said he was shown.

Anyways LOL, we castneted for a while not getting a thing I left for the main pond (OK it was down a little LOL) and fished at the marina off of 146. Was able to get maybe a couple of bites (real light) and the wind was kicking up. Jerry and Bobby Lee was fishing for gills at the pond by the spillway (they got about 20 and a crappie).

A little while later they came to the boat ramp and met me there we all left and went to the backwaters, Jerry said it usually has pleanty of water there:smile2::wink: but you could make out the channels real good.

Jason 454ci met up with us and we BSed a bit before I had to leave (have a Boy Scout thing to go to). Great times and good almost fishen with ya Bobby Lee and Jerry maybe next time Ill catch something besides a snag :smile2:

2. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Had a great time with you today Gary. And you're a quick learner. Now you can supply the bait next time we go...lol... Better days ahead Bro.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like fishing could have been better for most of us that went out today, but its always good to get out and meet up with some brothers... rollo

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Gary glad to here you met up with some BOC Brother's and had a good time.

5. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know the feeling: A friend and I met early this morning and fished three different spots on two different rivers. The only thing to show for it was a 3 pound carp. Not much action, but it was fantastic to be outta the house!

6. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey gary - we're beginning to think you're "bad mojo" thing is for real.... :smile2:

Had a great time... but you missed the best part - watchin' the boat ramps. Had one guy drift over (and under) three of our lines, saw another guy almost lose his boat to the lake cuz his dog got out of the boat, and saw some goofball chasing his boat down while he went get his truck (sorry Skip - was that too much info?:wink:)..

Anyway, was a good day overall to be outta the house! lookin' forward to the next trip!

7. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Boy I cant believe I missed all that action!!:smile2:

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
  9. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    me and whizz hit the local state puddle and he finally got 2 sumo shaddz so we set up at a good spring spot and started yankin out some nice channels. in about 2.5 hours i landed 4 (lost 2) biggest about 6# whizz landed 7 or 8 about the same size. too bad the shaddz were so hard to locate!

10. rich crabtree

rich crabtree New Member

State:
    ohio
    i went out today to get get my bait at lake 1 , useing wax worms, i was happy to start my day of fishing , well 60 min s and 3 diffrent spots later , i head to lake 2, well the nothing going on there, so i head to a creek ( 1500 feet from the house, the lakes 10 mile ) get to the deep spot that hold gills, chumbs,bass, suckers. 10 sec after droping my first wax worm, i was on my way to feeding my bait bucket . well 30 min s later i felt i had a good bucket,and my 2 new hog sticks and reels was SCREMING at me to stop playing around and get to catting, well after loading up the truck i head out . Getting to the lake, i only see 1 guy, and i see the water is moveing hard to the north, after unloading the truck i go park the truck, on the way back to my spot i ask the guy if they were biteing, he got a 25 lbs blue on bluegill head and that was it ( ok things r looking up) well 6 hours and 7 diffrent spots latter i pack up the wind had kicking my but all day, well it was very nice to get out of the house,try my new rod and reels, and ran into 3 fishing buddys ( they stoped by to look around at the lake and seen me ) all in all it was still good