Hit the River Last Night Again..

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, Jun 19, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Went out for a while with Cincycat last night, wanted to get there just before dark and thats when the fish were biting. Oddly enough, when the sun went down so did the bites. We caught 5 fish in the short amount of daylight we had. Biggest was a blue right at 40lbs, sorry for the picture, it was on a camera phone and I was trying to get all of the fish in. Wish I would have held the fish different. But oh well, fish was CPR'd as always. Also caught 2 more flatheads, another blue, and channel. The bigger of the other fish were one blue and one flathead that may have went 10lbs each. I really thought we were gonna burn em up after the sun went down, but as always the river had its own ideas....lol:cool2:

Attached Files:

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    OH YEH.
    I forgot to tell you, that tubing is a secret big fish attractor too:wink::wink:
    ...W

3. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That is a nice blue!! Congrats!!

4. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    While chasing the flatheads here on the Ohio, I've experienced the same bite pattern that last few times out. The sun goes down, the bite slows down. Seems like the last hour of daylight has been pretty good recently. I've also noticed that the gar action has picked up quite a bit too!

5. Deerslayer29

Deerslayer29 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice fish man!!!!!! I got to get back down to the ohio again.

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Your right man! First time out and BLAMO!!! you da man W!:smile2::wink:

On another note man they worked perfectly, not a scratch on the line!:big_smile:

7. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nice job Travis, yesterday durring the day totaly blew weiners!!!!:eek:oooh:
    Got to Cinci around 11:00, got bait at Mill, fished 1 spot bfore steady downpour and a few lightning strikes so camped under one of the bridges for 1.5 hrs ( buddy totaly jinxed us by forgetting his rain gear and I had taken the bimini off the boat last week) and around 1:30 ventured out for another try at several solid places and fished for blues, flatties and channels and fished until 5:00 ish, was so hot by then I couldnt stand it anymore, managed 1 - 1 lb flattie and that was the best hit of the day with 7 rods out between us. To top it off the reds game, after the rain delay let out at exactly the same time we pulled out, took me 1.5 hrs to get from Public landing to 275 and another 30 minutes to get home from there. Looks like Ill have to give up the day fishing from here on out.....
    Good luck tomorrow night!! Ill give you guys a call to pass on some of my incredible fish catching mojo I have had lately....:smile2:

Salmonid

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man I am glad I left early and got out there to daytime fish some because once the sun came off the water that was it....usually the other way around in past seasons. I would think in the next few weeks it will start to reverse the trend, and the daytime bite will be garbage, but who knows. This river has its own personality and just when you think you have it figured out, it's quick to remind you that you have no idea....lol:eek:oooh:

9. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Was you out sore mouthing the fish for tomorrow night:wink: Good job & I hope they bite a little longer Saturday. see you on the river...Abu65

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great fish man! Thats a nice looking blue Travis...rollo