Hit the river - 15 pound blue catfish

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by tallmanrus, Apr 15, 2009.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well i hit the river again at rison star park , and i had the pleasure of meeting a new friend and a great fishing partner. Ray (raysplay) met up with me yesterday after i threw my cast net out for some shad and hung and lost the net at the first toss. Well no shad today. Well ray met me to go fishing and he saved the day with a bunch of nice skipjack. so we headed out to the river and on the way there i missed my exit and about 5 miles later we got a chance to turn around. Well back on track we finally made it to the park .Put the boat in ,the river was running at 114,00 but we hit it anyway , we had a great day i got two small blues -around 2 lbs and we both missed alot of small taps. Then we headed down to another spot i knew of and after trying to tie up to a tree with alot of trouble with the fast current i noticed the current running upstream and told ray this is the spot for a good blue. he put his skipjack in the water about 5 ft from the boat , he got hung up :smile2: But it was hung on a nice 15 lb blue cat . we landed the cat and that was all we caught that day , missed some real good hits later on but no hookups . the sun was dropping so we headed in , we got about 3 miles from the ramp ,and you should have seen rays face when i ran out of gas :smile2: I filled back up and we headed home , thanks again for a great day Ray and hope to fish with you again soon.

Attached Files:

2. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I personally can say hearing the stories from Ray you two had a wonderful time out on that water. It was too funny how you managed to lose your net and Ray did the very same thing weeks earlier..:smile2:..LOL With the stories I heard, you two are no doubt two of a kind. I know he had a great time and he said he would run the river with ya anyday.....
    :wink: By the way, His tummy is great this morning.....LOL ROFL :wink:
    Sometimes when all the schedules align we will have to have you and your wife over for dinner! I bet with her loving her furbaby and myself having a houseful! LOL We all would hit it off great. Not to mention, the hours alone we could chat about the teen years...
    ROFL
    Glenda AKA Puppypal

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Way to go Tall and Ray..... at least ya stayed away from my gar lol

4. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    robert sounds like johnnie taught u how to navigate those hiways. congrats on a good day on the river. ray sounds like a nice fishing partner.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sounds like a great day on the water but more importantly sounds like ya may have made a life long friendship :cool2:.

6. Fetmo

Fetmo New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    gratz on the nice fish!! and it sure is nice to hear that other people have crazy days like i do.

Fetmo

7. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thank you for a great day @ the river. I think under the conditions that we did really good. Two many times over the years I have walked away from the river after fishing all day with nothing in my hand but hook holes and cuts from fishing line:sad2:. You tought me a good lesson that there is life outside the river dams and what to look for. I dont have a boat (puppypal hint :tounge_out: hint) but never the less helpful on the bank and even @ the dam. After a lot of small talk I found your a good guy that loves and charishes his family,I like that about you!!. The guys @ work ribed me allnight about how I got a sunburn from being sick and in bed,tried to make them beleave I mowed the yard the next day didnt work. Would love nothing more than to hook up and do it all over agian soon. Enjoyed:smile2: Thanks Bud!!!

8. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Tallmanrus you forgot to tell them about the real big one you cought.

9. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    uh oh ... I smell a big fish story a comin"

10. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Ok Ray ,here it is ,The one that didnt get away

Attached Files:

11. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    That is a monster Robert, must have pulled tons of drag.:smile2:

12. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    man you should have seen it peel off the line ,:smile2:

13. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    tallmanrus That,s what i,m talking about "you the man"

14. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    I still gotcha beat Tall with the one I caught a few years back. The one your holding could have easily eaten the one I caught it was soooo small lol