Hit the Lotto

Discussion in 'LOCAL MARYLAND TALK' started by TShepherd, Mar 19, 2007.

1. TShepherd

TShepherd New Member

State:
    Ft Belvoir, Virginia
    Just discovered this website and feel like a Kid at Christmas time. I moved to Ft Belvoir at the end of last summer and thought that the only Monster Cats were in the James. Boy was I wrong. I don't have a giant boat, but I do have a 17ft G3 CC rigged up for Catfish and Stripers, a pair of 20 gal shad tanks and pretty good with a castnet. I have been chasing and catching nice rockfish in the Reservoirs near where Uncle Sam has chosen to place me since 1988 and for the last 6 months, had no idea of the quality fish right in my back yard. My boat is docked in Douge Creek and I will be fishing Fri, Sat and Sun and would welcome anyone aboard who would be willing to help a fish addict get headed in the right direction. I know nothing about fishing tidal rivers but am determined to learn. Thanks to all who post information and helpfull tips on this site. I look forward to meeting ya'll on the water and pulling in some Giants. Weather is looking up. :cool2: Tony

2. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Thanks for the offer. I would LOVE to go out with you. I live in Indiana, wanna come pick me up in one of those fancy hummers? lol. Welcome to the BOC. Alot of great people on here so start posting and getting to know everybody!!!

3. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I thought the same thing when I stumbled onto this website - I had been driving back and forth to the James and was getting pretty discouraged. The guys on here are a wealth of info, especially Tim Hagan. Not too many secrets kept on here - everyone shares the info. Several Active duty guys on here as well - look forward to meeting ya and seeing you on the water. Best advice I can give you is get yourself a good chart of the Potomac ASAP and make notes on it and have it handy when you are reading posts on here to help orient yourself.
    - Tawn

4. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    First off welcome to the big show The BOC where catfishing is the only fishing if it has scales its only bait. As Tawn said buy a map and follow the guys most will help you out and follow the tides. Knowing when and where to fish at what tides is the biggest thing about the river. If your off on the 31st we will be holding are catfish tournament down at smallwood state park. Most of the guys will be fishing up your way but your welcome to join in and fish with us , or just swing on down around 3:30 pm and watch the weigh in and meet some of the guys. We have a nice show and myself and others will be willing to answer your questions and pass along some trips as well. There will be alot of BOC members there and some big old blue cats to look at as well.

5. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    WELCOME ABOARD THE BIGGEST CRUISE OF CATFISHERMEN AND WOMEN THERE IS.

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC, Tony... you did hit the lotto if you're lookin' to catch fish...:big_smile:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    He who has imagination without learning has wings but no feet.

7. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Welcome to the BOC, Tony. There are lots of good folks here who provide a wealth of information. I think we have enough local members now, that we should attempt to have our own Virginia gathering.

8. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC Tony, were glad your here!!!

9. FISHINSANTEE

FISHINSANTEE New Member

State:
    sc
    Welcome aboard. Piles of info on here.

10. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Tony.

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member