Hit the cumberland river yesterday

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by SGTREDNECK, Jan 14, 2010.

1. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I hit the cumberland river yesterday. Caught 12 fish ranging from 4 to 15 pounds. Didnt have the scale thats just my best guess. Kept two fish in the middle that are in the pan as we speak. Going back out today to see if i can catch some of them big fish. All fish were caught on small chunks of skip. They wanted nothing to do with the big chunks and big hooks. So i am going to change all my hooks to 5 and go from there. Will post again tomorrow as i plan to stay on the river until midnight tonight.

2. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    What part of the Cumberland? Good luck to you and thanks for the report.

3. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    Nice, I too went out yesterday, but like my normal outings I got skunked. Gonna get me a propane heater though it's just too cold out but my dumb arse wont stay home. Nice work there on your catch,

4. FirefighterBull

FirefighterBull New Member

State:
    Charlotte Tennessee
    same report from us to sgt. gatortail and i hit it up in clarksville yesterday and caught 5 raning from 4 to 10 pounds and you are absolutely right on them not liking the big chunks we were puttin bout 3/4 inch to 1 inch cubes on and that seemed to be the ticket. we had two good pulls and one good fish on but it found its way off the hook good luck today let us know how it goes

5. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Thanks for the report. Im hoping to get out tomorrow...

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Went fishing the past two days. The fish were off on both days with no steady action. Still averaging about 10 fish a day. Biggest fish around 10 pounds and smallest around 5. Hung into a big striper, but he busted the surfaces and the hook came loose. But had to call it early today as the motor on the boat isnt running right. Seems to be lacking power. And will only run at 5 mph and is running hard. Changed the plugs as one was fouled. changed the fuel filter and still no improvement. I thought the prop might be slipping. but it seems to be solid. Will have to tinker with it tommorrow. If anything i will fish from the bank for the rest of the weekend.

7. festus

festus New Member

Good to hear you're back on the water Andrew. I had an old boat that didn't run right one time similar to yours. I tried everything but finally discovered a leaky vacuum hose and that fixed it.

Catfishing has slowed down at my favorite spots, but should pick up in a little while because the steam plants are back online. Even back in November, the catfish were wanting smaller baits. I was using little chunks of bluegill fillet about the size of a nickel to a quarter on 1/0 to 2/0 Kahle hooks and wearing the smaller ones out from 1 to 7 lbs but managed to get a 27 incher.