Hit the channel catfish today

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN, Aug 13, 2009.

1. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Got some Sonnys finally and tore up the channel cats today.Was fishing
    over below Atkins Landing.I was fishing in fairly shallow water I believe,
    but not real sure.The bites were coming pretty quick and then quit around 3pm.Planning on Tailrace tonight after I rest up.But,tonight Im fishing for big fish.

Oh,totals for today were around 20 give or take a couple.All but 5 were released to get bigger,and the biggest was around 2 lbs.Tried the cam again today and it wont even take a pic in daylight,so its shot.All fish were caught on my lite tackle.

2. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks for the report, and good luck tonight....maybe you can just draw a picture for us...lol...:wink::smile2::crazy::big_smile:

3. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    I know ...its getting ridiculous.I just dont have the funds right now for a new one,and I dont even have a cam on my phone as the saltwater ate my good phone also.Im back on an old one.:confused2:

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good report! I can relate to "Hard Times'.

BB in SC

5. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Its all good.As long as the bills are paid and I got some gas money Im
    rich.All I got to say is lets go fishin and the kids including neighbors kids will have the car loaded in minutes.The older I get the more I enjoy seeing them catch fish.Im rich.

6. bone3160

bone3160 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sounds like my luck.Hope you do good.

7. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Welcome to the forum Steve and thanks for the reply bro.

8. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Keith, we all have fished from the bank a time or 2. Sounds like to me the way you are catching fish i need to start back bank fishn.
    People on the bank throw out as far as they can, fishermen in boats get close to the bank..................go figure:confused2::smile2:

9. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Well,every trip isnt great,but if the kids catch something and I can get a hit on the big rod it was a success.I think bank fishing actually has some advantages....I was sittin waitin on the big one to bite the other night and was pondering this.....I wonder if us bank guys have a little more patience at a spot than you boat guys?I mean does the average boat guy move around alot,or do they hit spots they have had success at and dig in like we bank guys do?Me,if I know I have had good fish in a place.....
    Im settin up camp.:big_smile:

10. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Keith you got a great attitude. I love it. Thanks for sharing the report

11. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Thanks Sarge and thanks for your service.The things you do allow me to do the things I do......I never forget that.My dad was a marine in ww2.

12. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Man enjoy that as much as you can, now. Mine oldest is a week from being sixteen. He is all into driving, girls, and football. Oh yeah, I better not leave out sleeping and eating me out of house and home. I thought I had about 10 bags of fish in the freezer. Nope, its all gone. I don't care though, he loves it. Anyway what I'm trying to say is, the older they get the more they have going on. And fishing with dad can take the backseat to that other stuff. Enjoy it as long as you can bro.