Hit Rison Star yesterday

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by tallmanrus, Jul 7, 2009.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well i went to my favorite stretch of the river yesterday and it was some hard fishing . I ran about 22 miles , fished all the shallow spots i could find with no luck .Even found me some good new spots , nothing there either . The water was low and slow. So i headed back to the ramp with a 1/2 a skip left , i went over a hole that was showing around 50 ' i didnt know was there ,so i figured i may as well use up the rest of my bait , on the first cast i set the pole down and grabed another and the first one took off ,fish on ,(finally) and then it was non stop for about 15-20 min , i went to grap some more bait and -dang i was out , well ended up with five good eater blues and a baby blue that swallowed the hook , And a real good sunburn :smile2: im still learning this area , anyone wants to help me sometime give me a shout, Newt got his pb flathead here , and Ray got on a nice blue here.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      30.8 KB
      Views:
  2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    good on ya mate.glad ya done a little better tall.im gonna have to put some of my trips on the back burnner and try to get up your way fore deer season any way.

3. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Well looks as if you are doing as well as anyone else other than the women and children, maybe you need to take one of them along with you like Kev and I do and they will so you how to catch fish LOL:smile2:

4. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    What part of the river were you on? I am not familar with your area.

5. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Good going Tall! Should have hollared at me, ya know I am free most everyday with being on unemployment!

6. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    good job robert! Seems fishing has slowed but ya foun d out where they hang at! LOL Glad you got out for a bit and had some fishing time/:big_smile:

7. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    thanks everyone , i thought i was cursed there for awhile :smile2: steve i was about 20 miles this side of dumas. They have done alot to the park there and got it real nice , yall should check it out. And it has all the specs for some great catfishing .

8. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    way to go tall. Glad to see ya get the stank off the boat. :wink:

9. vetrock

vetrock New Member

State:
    ar
    I will be there next weekend for a couple of days. I am gonna set out some limb lines - never done this before.

Any hints are appreciated, and I'll be sure to report back.