Hit Lake Monticello last night...

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by steve_b124, Jul 25, 2009.

1. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    ...from 7:00pm till 2:30am. What a great night to be out. Very comfortable weather, cool with a nice breeze. The bite was so-so, not exactly a smackdown, but enough to keep it interesting. All in all, we caught 12 cats, the largest was 12 pounds. All were released. When I say we, I took my 16 year old nephew. He was excited to fish at night for the first time.

We drifted all depths with cut herring. It seemed that 40 to 50 feet was the best, although we scored in the shallows also. A friend and his buddy went in another boat and had similar results.

By the way, kind of off topic, but almost 7 weeks smoke free!:big_smile:

God Bless All,
    Steve

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  2. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks for the report Steve.congrats on a good catch!

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Good report, Steve. Thanks. I've never fished Monty, but I hope to make it up there one day soon. :big_smile:

4. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    By the way, kind of off topic, but almost 7 weeks smoke free!:big_smile:

God Bless All,
    Steve[/QUOTE]
    Thats awesome! Its one of the hardest things to do! Hang in there!

5. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    hope my pontoon wasn't in the way tore the axial off the trailor been sittin since thursday.

6. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Brandon,
    sorry you broke your axle. Did you do it on the ramp? The water was very low and even my 16 foot boat went off the end of the ramp. Luckily I didn't break anything. I noticed a pontoon at the dock, but it wasn't in my way at all.

God BLESS aLL,
    Steve

7. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats on a successful and fun trip.:wink:

8. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    yea that is my pontoon hope to get it soon. I broke the axal on the ramp the water was low and we were in a bad thunderstorm so i was hurrying and didn't relize the trailor was hung.

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Sounds like you had a great fishing trip. Congrats on the catch!

10. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    That good news about being smoke free Steve.

Beaufort hope you get the trailer straightened out soon.

11. negraham

negraham New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Yea I was there Friday night. I didn't do any good with the fish, so I left about midnight. When I got my pontoon out I had a lot of trouble. I bent the fender on my trailer. I have a double axle trailer and thought I wouldn't have as much trouble. Went back Sat. and looked. The deeper section is completely broken off.

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good report, Steve, and congrats on being smoke free. I quit cigs in February. Feel better, but will always have the mental addiction. I have never laid eyes on Monty either, Maybe me and Tommy will fish it together! :big_smile:

Bill in SC

13. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Bill,
    you and Tommy let me know when you want to try it and I will try to be there, too. I'm no expert on Monty by no means, but usually catch a few and have a great time. I would love to get the chance to meet you sometime. Heck, we might just have a mini gathering and get lots of brothers there!

God Bless All,
    Steve