Hit by car...

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by jlcclh, Apr 4, 2007.

1. jlcclh

jlcclh New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey guys and girls. I just thought I would share this picture with yall. Me and my best friend were watching this deer develop for the past 4 years. We have piles of trail camera photos and video footage of this buck. One day we were invited to a Sunday cookout by another friend. After arrival, he mentioned that he had found a big buck dead, on the side of the road, in one of the areas we hunt. Low and Behold, it was one of the big deer that we have been eyeballing for the past 4 years!! Sure was heartbreaking to see such an amazing animal fall by being hit by a car. Especially one we have passed up many times and have so much time into. I just thought I would share this story with you all. The bucks measurements were: 21 1/2" inside spread,14" G2(left)12 3/4"(right),10"G3's, 8 1/4" circumference on his left base, 7 7/8" circumference on his right base. Thank you all for reading...:confused2:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/z71_carter/100_0097.jpg?t=1175669888

2. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Man, I hate to here of a good one get'n it that way. My best friend watched on all year by his house, was hope'n his 16 year ols son would get a chance at him that fall, a few weeks before the season opened a car hit it and killed it right front of his house, big heavy 11 point.

3. g.kempf

g.kempf New Member

State:
    Iowa
    That is to bad, that's a nice set of antlers he was packing.

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    that rack has a pretty wicked looking base, sucks to hear about a good one like that going to waste like that though.
    one thing you might watch out for is having the rack, or saying where you got it... a lot of states have laws against posessing any part of a road killed deer.
    maybe those types of genetics are in your herd though! i hope you get one like that sometime in the future.

5. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    wow, thats a nice one. You oughta post some video of that buck so we can see it. Its a shame that it was road kill.

Thanks for sharing

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    what a brute! Thanks for sharing.

7. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    Some of Virignia's finest right there aint it Jamie..:big_smile:

8. Cody M

Cody M New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    WOW!!!

Thats a shame that he got hit

9. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    That's a shame man, i hate to see ANY animal hit by a car, let alone a trophy buck.

10. Skipper

Skipper New Member

State:
    S.C.
    man what buck. to bad he didnt run him my way.

11. t-bird

t-bird New Member

State:
    Texas
    What a shame. That's a great animal.