Hit and run

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Parker, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Parker

Parker New Member

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    Pulling my boat home tonight about 9:15 I was stopped on the highway to turn left and a explorer hit the back end of my boat(then just sped off). It looks like the tongue and hitch took most of the load (it is going to be a chore to get it off the ball), but going to put the boat on the water tomorrow to see if there is any damage to the motor. The police ended up finding the explorer in Platte City, MO with a busted radiator-- Idiots

2. SassyManxLady

SassyManxLady New Member

State:
    MO
    Parker,
    I hope you are okay.
    It would of made me madder than a wet hen for that to of happened to me.
    I am glad they 'caught' the goon.
    Please let us know if the boat fared good.
    Sassy

3. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Glade they found the guy, hope he has insurance so you can get it fixed, doen't make ones day, hope every thing works out allright.
    Jim

4. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Glad to know you are ok. Sorry about the boat. And glad to know they found the person.

5. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Maybe I'm not reading deep enough between the lines -- It doesn't say they caught the person(s), just located the vehicle.

Parker, sorry to hear about this bud. Hope the boat (and motor) fares well and you determine there are no excessive damages. In the end, I hope that justice is done and you are compensated.

For sale, boat trailer...about 6" shorter than it used to be.

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I glad they caught them ( or at least got the car) To bad about the boat, hope it is ok

7. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Man, Don't that make a man's day. Glad at least they found the car and with luck they will find the driver.
    Bill

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Glad your ok Parker. Hope you can get the trailer fixed and the boats ok.

9. Parker

Parker New Member

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    The driver was present! I am not going to take the boat out on the water, I am just going to take it to smithville marine tomorrow morning and have them check it all over. The police said that there insurance company will be getting a hold of me within the next few days. I am not a master mechanic so I dont think that it would be wise for me to determine whats wrong with boat, motor, trailer.

10. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    WOW!!! AHAHAHaHAHAHAHAHAHahhahahaHH!!! :smile2:

I can't imagine how THAT conversation went:

"The damage to my front end and radiator? Uh, I hit a boat. NO, wait, I mean, it was a large beetle. Yes, that's right -- and it was very scary looking, so I drove away."

11. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    You don't think he might have been drinking, do you???
    Bill

12. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

State:
    North Central, Missouri
    Glad to hear that nobody got hurt, sympathy extended for the boat however.
    I noticed that you said stoped to turn left on highway, ahh yeah, traffic doesn't stop on a highway just for a little ole' turn signal. As I have witnessed this type of accident often including the one I was in. Now I go past turn off, get on shoulder to turn right, go till I find a place to turn around, come back to highway and then make right hand turn off highway. Yes, this is a pain in the rear, but it prevents being out of work, laid up in a hosptial bed. Although now I still can't help watching that rear view mirror.:angry:

13. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. Glad they caught the person. Hope it doesn't keep you off the water too long.

14. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Glad to hear they were caught. Those hit and runs sure do a lot for tickin a guy off.

15. paddle

paddle New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My job requires me to be close to traffic alot. Even with several sets of red warning lights on 4 to 5 trucks people do not slow down. You Got lucky that you did not get hurt. I hope your boat fares as well. -paddle:0a17:

16. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Man, sorry to hear about that. Glad to hear you are okay.

17. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    That is horrible how people don't even have enought respect to stop right then and there. AaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHH that is exactilly what is wrong with society in this day and age. I hate to hear stuff like this happening, wish you all the best in getting what ever is wrong fixed.

18. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Kind of hard to run them down with a bent boat trailer and a boat behind ya. LOL Good luck with the insurance co and getting it fixed.

19. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I know how ya feel, someone hit my truck in my driveway while my boat was hooked up to it last saturday. They just drove off. Luckily it only hurt my truck and not my boat. Moved the bumper a little and took some paint off but it still gets from A to B. Hope it works out for ya.