history proves good idea? bad idea?

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by JERMSQUIRM, Aug 2, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well what did ya think of the nationwide aqua tread race? ill post my thoughts after i hear a few of yors. if anyone watched it.:wink:

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    missed the beginning, got to watch some of it in the rain. Seems it was a crashfest that last red flag when they called the race over. I believe it made history with 1st time rain tires used in a Nascar race.

Jacques Villenueve sure didnt mind getting back in a stock car in front of a hometown crowd after quitting before the season even started.

Why in the heck does Nascar think they have to have races outside the U.S.? Its all BS

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I watched it but didn't really get much out of it. My opinion is these type of cars are not made to run in the rain. They've run the rain tires in Japan and Canada because they have to get the races in before half the field leaves for another race, won't fly in the states.....fans are willing to suffer the consequences and call in sick on monday to watch a real race instead of cars just going around the track to get it over with........

I don't like rain tires in NASCAR...JMO

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya wolf did ya hear mexico was dropped this weekend for future racing. i dont like the idea of non us races either.

to me it wasnt much of a race as they were driving 3/4 speed. old carl liked it.

said before race he hoped it did rain. just to see what happened lol.

wound up 6th and ahead of clint and brad by a few positions. so not a bad day. he gained by those two late crashes.

5. reloader1220_270

reloader1220_270 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    whats that??????? :confused2:

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    yep, heard that mexico didnt have enough fans to continue racing there