History of the BOC - 1900 Walmart Stores - BOC Veterans - Video Made Just For You :)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catfish_Commando, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    - Get a quick run down on the history of the BOC, "The Dirty Past"...

- BOC in 1900 Walmart Stores?

- $17 Cork Handled Fishing Rods?

Special thanks to all the veterans present and past within the BOC... :wink:

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Thanks boss. I'd love to stick around and chat, but I've gotta go catch bait.

Happy 4th!

3. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey, good morning and a Happy 4th,

right on, very interesting video, good information, as a newbie here, nice to know just how it all started.

Good to be a small part of it ,

cliff

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks Cliff. Lots of the most ugly was left out. I will probably kick it out to the CS if there is an interest. Lost of back stabbing, taking down sites, and covert stuff.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I remember a lot of the old day stuff. Think you need to post your old Profile shot?
    Pete

6. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Paul. You didn't say haw many candles are on that bad boy cake. Thanks a ton for the vid on all these years of hard work for makin this happen so we can call ourselves a family and I for one feel very fortunate to be able to be in it. Many thanks to you and your excellent staff and last but not least having a supportive wife. God Bless

7. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    NICE VIDEO, GOOD INFORMATION. WANT TO CHECK OUT THE NEW HATS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAVE A NICE 4 TH. TIGHT LINES.
    WATCH THOSE BIRTHDAYS YOU CAN RACK UP A HOLE BUNCH BEFORE YOU NO IT.

8. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

good morning and a Happy 4th, :big_smile:

9. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Gooooood MORNIN good vidio always wondered what started this for you proud to be a part of it Happy 4th and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Paul:0a31::0a23:

10. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Great video Paul. Pretty neat to hear how the BOC came together. I came on to the Brotherhood site in '04. Wish I would have known of the older sites, but when I was younger catfishing wasnt as important to me as it is now. Thanks alot for all youve done. Youve united alot of good people from all over the nation.

Have a Great 4th !!!
    :big_smile:

11. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    (AW) is impressed for what that's worth to ya Chief. Excellent, excellent explanation. I think I was somewhere around the 11,000'th member in Ought 7. Can't remember and didn't check. Have enjoyed the place since day one. I am on a different planet at times but I like to come back to this one because of the folks.

Words mean things and words strung together like you did impressed me and made you human to me. We have had our pokes and I apologize for some of the things in my noggin'. I needed your explanation of this joint. Won't make me a totally good boy but I would tip one with ya anytime, now knowing you can shoot straight.

Happy Birthday.

John.

12. CharlieD

CharlieD New Member

State:
    Lincoln,Ar
    Great video--- Enjoyed the history lesson.:wink:

13. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Good Morning Paul and all of the members. Happy 4th and Happy Birthday Paul. Dang, we have come a long ways thanks to you and the staff. I've rode along under two diff names for a little over 10 years and have enjoyed the ride and all I've learned from everybody. Now if I can stop forgetting all I've learned I'd be a heck of a fisherman.
    Really enjoyed the video. Had forgot a lot that happened along the way.

14. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    interesting paul , always wondered how the BOC got started ,happy birthday and have a good 4th

15. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    PAUL 1st off HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ,AN TO OUR GREAT COUNTRY ;HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY .

Thank you for all your hardwork to get this great site up an running,for all the members to enjoy,also thanks to the BOC staff we all know you do a lot of work on here ,but there is no way one person can do it all.

Thanks for the history lesion that was very informative to a new member like me. I just wish i had found the BOC quicker.I have greatly enjoyed being on here ,great info an more importantly all the great members ,THANKS PAUL AN BOC STAFF ,for maintaining the BOC ,for all of us members to enjoy :cool2:

PAUL make sure u save me 1 white hat ,and i,m still waiting to hear when the small outline BOC decals are in an for sale

THANKS TO ,PAUL AN THE STAFF; JOB WELL DONE

16. dlsloan

dlsloan Member

State:
    Kansas
    great video.interesting history,keep up the good work

17. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    All that and still cant fish! lol,:tounge_out:
    Happy birthday Paul, we love ya brother! :wink:

18. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    Thanks for the history lesson, Paul. I really enjoyed learning how it all came about. On your part, Paul, it was truly a labor of love and I appreciate all you have done to bring it about. No doubt the most complete assembly of catfish lore in history....period. If what you are looking for isn't on here, it doesn't exist.

19. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks for the history lesson boss. Can't believe how much we have grown since I joined. Gave me something to do in my retirement!!:wink::wink::smile2:

20. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Been around through catfisherman.net and all the transitions since. Served on staff here and am still on staff on the "old" site.
    This is undoubtedly the best and largest assembly of catfish minded people on the planet. One man's vision has become the "hobby" and "habit" of thousands, including myself.
    Thanks, Paul, for the countless hours, the constant headaches you've endured, the companionship, the good and bad times, and to the man I'm sure we say, "Keep on keeping on!!"