History channel last night.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tncatfishing, Dec 20, 2007.

1. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    :wink:Someone may have already wrote about this but, last night on the history channel they had a program on about freshwater monster fish. In brazil was about a 5 year old being eatin by a large catfish several years ago. A guy claiming he saw and had on his line a fourteen foot trout(this one was hard to believe). A musky that they believe was atleast 60 inches long. They actualy showed a guide taking out a reporter to catch large alligator gar, they one they realed in was around 5 feet long and in excess of 100lbs. One guy was hand grabbing and lost the battle, he estimated the flathead to be more than 100lbs. A realy interesting show, not repeat show they showed in the past about large fish.:wink:

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man I couldnt find anything on the tube last night i wish I would have known that was on...:angry::angry::angry:

3. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    I watched it too it was kind of lame in MHO but gotta give them an A for effort,you dont see many shows on fish.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I seen it and was wondering why they went to Brazil, they could have contacted catbuster and caught some wels that were big enough to do that. The noodler has been on a couple of shows and I cant say he does good for the fish if you seen how he picks them up (by the gill plates) unless hes going to eat them. I fell asleep during the gar one and woke up to see the trout, how about that muskie jaw they found that thing had some teeth from h3ll

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
  6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    was that the same show? If it is I already saw it, but i dont remember any mention of huge muskie or trout in the other show.:eek:oooh:

7. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    They have shown a different show mostly about giant catfish and the 9 footer that was caught in asia. This one was different, but I agree it was somewhat lame but not as lame as the other programming to choose from last night. They need a show on the big wells catfish.

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Monster Quest......

9. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Damn damn damn. I wish I would have picked up that remote last night and checked out the History Channel. A show on fishing would have been a nice escape from the hell I was in watching Clash of the Choir's last night with my girlfriend. :tounge_out:

10. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I saw it and it was alright but I would'nt watch it a 2nd time and I'm getting tired of seeing all these noodlers on TV catching and killing these trophy catfish. This is just my opinion I'm not trying to offend anyone, it's just I'm for catfish conservation.

11. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I saw that one Mark. I was impressed to say the least. The gar was awsome. Ive caught a few by accident, largest being about a 3 footer, but a 6 to 10 footer,,,,wow. I might add gar fishin to my list of hobbies, might be like inshore shark fishin.:wink:

12. caveman

caveman New Member

State:
    va
    i agree the gator gar fishing looks like fun!

a 14 ft. trout?? hard to believe.

i didn't get to see the monster cats in brazil.

vaughn

13. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
  14. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    I saw that show too, they have proof of the monster mekong catfish but I call BS on the 14 foot trout!