hireing a guide for a tourny?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dinger66, Nov 19, 2009.

1. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    just woundered how everyone feels about this? i found out today a team hired a guide for the cabelas classic tourny , guide caught there bait and put them on fish, told how to fish. i just want to know is this fishing or throwing money at it ?

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    From talking with the fella's it happens, not only in catfishing, but across the spectrum.

Edges are gained all the time, through selective information sharing, electronics, and social networks of people.

As long as they follow the rules of the tournament they are fishing, its pretty much semantics.

3. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    thats been happening for years! and it really aint that big of a deal!

sometimes when you never been to a place its good to have some one show you around! and if your from 4 states away and dont know anyone, to help get you familiarized with the body of water, a guide is your only other solution! i wish i would have had one at the classic! i almost tore the bottom of my boat off on pickwick the first day on a rock pile and played hell tryin to get off of it!!

i dont think it is no different than knowing and goin with a buddy thats fishes a body of water alot! only your buddys not looking to make money off of you!

i know a few guides that have services like that! they would like to be apart of the tournaments scene but cant because of conflict of interest!

hiring a guide for a tourny, aint my thing, but if others want to do it, its cool by me!

4. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    it was just a thought i never heard of the guide catching bait and all , just asking i didnt fish so no skin off my back .

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Derric, I am betting you got plenty of phone calls from folks looking for intel?

6. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    me? never i dont mind helping but now that i am hooked up lol with the tangle monster:wink: my info becomes a team secert:eek:oooh: