Hillsdale........

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by 1mickymoo, May 19, 2009.

1. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    Well, most of you know I fish Hillsdale alot, its close, but I had a first Sunday evening.....

Haven't had much luck with shad this year, so, took my mom way up into Bull creek to wait for sundown and the shad working, and I mean way up....

After about an hour I hear the "Jet Ski Brigade" in the distance, close, closer, right there..... 3 out of 4 jet skiers went around some trees so as not to bother a fisherman, except this one.... this jack off was coming closer and closer, ....... as he putted within 3 feet of my bow, I asked, "are you a f%$#!*ing idiot or what?", he proceeded to tell me that my boat motor scares fish too, I'm sure it does, but, with a 7000 acre lake, why would anyone need to get that close? BTW, I couldn't make out the KA numbers or I would of called right then, his freinds even told him to go around, and, it gets better...............

So, they all 4 disappear up the creek, about 45 minutes later all 4 came within 20 feet and did 180's at me to rock my boat, ..............

what none of them know is, that little jon boat has a bigger brother, and jet ski season is just begining, so, happy hunting catfisherman, I hop this enchorages you all to be proactive, most jet skiers are the scourge of the earth, not all, but why would anyone want to jet ski in a little creek full of timber? Shouldn't there be jet ski areas? when is opening day?:wink:

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    That sucks Larry. Im not quite sure how I would have handled that. :wink:

3. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Talk to Jim he has an anwser to that and other A-Holes from what I hear. :smile2:

4. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sounds like a good idea to talk to Jim. He'll fling a 5 oz sinker at their heads! :eek:oooh::wink:

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Thats kinda what I was thinking Geoff, but I like the 4 oz. , I cast it farther, harder, and a little more accurate than I can cast a 5 oz. :smile2:

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    That sucks Larry. I HATE them too. Thats sad you cant even get away from them in the creek.:angry: Thats a BIG reason why I am a river rat.:smile2:
    They should build fishless lakes just for them, so they can go crash into eachother.
    If they are intentionally tryin to mess with you Id toss sinkers.:wink:

7. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    I had a run in with some jerks like that once in my float tube.They actually hit me once and threw a can of beer at me.Almost put their boat up on bank trying to get me again while I was getting out of water.There were 3 of them in the boat and I invited them over to the dock.I was standing on the dock with a chunk of 2x4 and they wouldn't come in.The cops showed up and were going to put me in jail for threatening the 3 big young guys but wouldn't do anything to them.I was so mad that 3 of them wouldn't have had a chance.

8. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    i heard that sinkers come in .357 size.........

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    A boat , or even a jet ski can be a deadly weapon , like Ray said they hit his tube , they could have killed him, they could have knocked Larry and his mom out of the boat, and if they would have hit their head, they could drown. What are we supposed to do in this situation? The cops want to harass Ray for threatening them. What the hell is up with that. I say if you mess with the bull , you get the horns. Young punks out drinking and doing stupid crap with motorized equipment , putting peoples life in danger, deserve exactly whats coming to them. :angry:

10. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    A number 2-D cell battery works GOOD,I save all my used ones and keep them in a storage compartment in my boat for those Special Occasions :wink: Plus I'm Always Packin when I'm on the river. Mans gota do what a mans gotta do.Ifin them young Buck was my Kids I'd Kick there Butts if I got wind of it. J.D.

11. tmramrod91

tmramrod91 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Note to self....never jet ski again :smile2:

12. pantero007

pantero007 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    that is some Bs if you ask me. I might have cast a 2 oz weight with a great big treble hook at someone. a fresh piercing never hurt anyone, besides it is the trend these days right? LOL

13. Charlie365

Charlie365 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Maybe there's an invention needed here ?

What if they accidentally ran over something in the water.......maybe a styrofoam bobber with a few nails stuck through it for instance, perhaps it would get sucked through the jet drive on the jetski and do a little number on the impeller......

Maybe a floating trotline could be modified to be sort of a water version of the "stop sticks" the Highway Patrol uses on the roads to stop similar IDIOTS.

Sounds like topwater fishing to me.

14. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    thats rich, i thought about the "stop sticks" myself. I still have a snaggin rod setup(you know, 16 oz bank sinker and 2 giant trebble hooks), I think I need practice casting anyway

15. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    ok, 1 week 1 day later, fishin alone with little jon's big brother, what did i see, the same group of jet skiers, wow. fishin was slow, so, after about half hour, I reeled in and zipped right across the lake to them, only three though. I said, "Hey, were you guys back in the creek last Sunday?" I knew "the" guy wasn't one of them. bout that time here he comes, and I said, "Him, there's the f&%^$ing idiot, what's his KA numbers?", I'll try to keep this short, the three, made excuses, but said without a doubt it would never happen again, I agreed not to pursue with KDWP, but, i told em, if it happened again, it wouldn't be pretty.

Went back to fishing, landed what I though was about a 9.5(no scales), added it to my dinks in the livewell, and decided to leave.

It's dark, i'm packin', 4 jet skiers waiting at the ramp for me, oh boy I thought, but, it was just "him" wanting to appologize, amazing huh?

moral, jetskiers aren't completely clueless, (just mostly), actually, I was shocked, sometimes people amaze.

Attached Files:

16. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Get er done Larry!:cool2::smile2:
    Glad it had a happy ending. Hopefully they learned their lesson.:confused2:

17. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Was there any banjo music?:big_smile:

18. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    A little 600 lb test trotline cord tied off to a tree across the creek will do the trick. You don't even need any hooks. Just stretch it real tight as they get within 40-50 feet of you. They won't come back any more. Course a good rifled barrel tater gun will get you in a lot less trouble and discourage them just as well.You can buy a good one on the internet for $49.95 Google potato gun for sale.

19. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Went out to Big Bull north of the bridge. No fish. I only got up the Bull about a 1/2 mile, tree in the Creek. I'm wondering if I may not of been in the main channel.

20. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    it's like a swamp up there and the channel isn't real pronounced, you very well may have not been in channel.