Hillsdale Squirrel hunt

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by delbert bumbleshoot, Nov 20, 2008.

1. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Went squirrel hunting at Hillsdale with Trevor {Flatfighter} and Jeff {riverrunner85} . A good time and lots of excercise was had by all. I got 2 fox squirrels but since I cheated and used my grandpas 1927 Browning Auto 5 20 Gauge they hardly count. Trevor being the true sportsman that he is was using a scoped 22 target pistol. I could have brought my friend Kalshnikov 7.62 x 39. The Benelli m2 12 Gauge with 3" mag 5's hardly seemed fair. THe funny thing is the next day I stayed home to rake 15 bags of leaves and I ended up shooting 4 gray squirrels right here in town in my back yard.I missed a couple with my Gamo 1200 till I had one on top of the fence post and I took a very carefully aimed shot and the pellet stuck into the wooden fence post about 3 " under where the squirrel was sitting. So i aimed 3" high on the next one and popped him right in the grill killed him dead. I got another one moving across the roof of my boat shed and he barrel rolled off the A frame roof into a chumbucket. I drilled 2 more and winged a couple of others.... one did a flip when I hit him and made it up to the top of the wooden fence and left a blood trail all the way across the fence.I picked up and disposed of all the squirrels. They won't be eating nuts in my bass boat inside the shed anymore.Last night my wife went to let the dog in and he had 2 more dead squirrels in his mouth.I guess those 2 I winged went to join the choir and vestibule.

2. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    here's a couple pics of me and Trevor

Attached Files:

3. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Sounds like a barrel of fun!

4. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    woah, yall got some really red fox squirrels up there, they real pretty

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I put a red dot scope on my gamo, makes for less misses.

6. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    Thats awsome, I have never seen squirrels that red before.

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    them sure are RED squirrels. most of ours here are gray. Hardly ever see red ones here.