Hillsdale lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ccso639, Mar 12, 2008.

1. ccso639

ccso639 New Member

State:
    Cass Couty, MO
    Can anyone tell me about Hillsdale lake? I have heard that it is a decent walleye lake, is that true? I am searching for a good walleye lake other than Wilson or Stockton. Any help with Hillsdale Lake would be great. kyle

2. duckgetr

duckgetr New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hillsdale is an awesome lake. in the next couple weeks the walleye will start running on the dam to start the spawn. you'll know cause there will be a hundred people on the dam. my friends and I throw floating rapalla roagues to get them. they have to be floating or you'll lose them in the rocks. good luck!!

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Anyone else going for the walleyes next weekend? Weather is supposed to be real nice. Im not real sure how to fish for them, but Im thinking Im gonna throw out some large minnows about 6' under some slip bobbers with some neon lights attached to the bobbers. Walleye is some really good eating, and Im looking forward to eating some. Any thoughts on how I should be fishing to catch them?:big_smile:

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Id go the minnow route.It can get pretty expensive loosing $3.00 rigs. Let us know how you do!

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Keith wait until 1am get you a black suit on with full face mask and gloves.You dont need a pole just a net & Carry no lights with you. Go to the Rock creek marine at Perry lake & climb over the gate and go to slip 1A and fill your sack.
    The fish and game has two holding nets in there full of sugeye that they been netting and milking the eggs from. Take your pick...Just kiddin maybe you better just head to the dam.

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i went to hillsdale today to get some bait for the mdc without alot of luck did manage to pick up some (about1/2 gallon bag) winter kill shad that floated to the bank. anyway their were a couple guys that showed up to go after some walleyes around dark looked like they were going to use some twisty tail grubs witch is what some of the guys i talked to before used. if your not sure about fishing for them heres #1 tip NO LIGHTS everyone on the bank will cuss you found that out when I didnt know what i was doing and thought id try. :crazy:

7. kevin101

kevin101 New Member

State:
    Gardner,Kansas

8. kevin101

kevin101 New Member

State:
    Gardner,Kansas
    Hi! my name is kevin and just want to ask u guys and question and hope that some of u guys can lead me to the right direction on how to fish for walleye at Hillsdale Lake and what bait to use....Never really fish for them before and i just really love to fish....Please help...
    [​IMG]

9. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Welcome aboard Kevin. I dony know much about Hillsdale but the walley should be in full swing. They spawn in rocky areas and are ususally found on the face of the dam.Simple jigs tipped with a good sized minnow should do the trick but if not dont be afraid to try somethin different.Im sure others will have more info than I can give. I dont fish for them very often.

10. kevin101

kevin101 New Member

State:
    Gardner,Kansas
    thank you...any more help from die hard fisherman that fish for walleyes at Hillsdale....Like a have said i love fishing but no boat though...I go to Hillsdale alot...but need some advise on walleyes fishing mainly i fish for crappie or anything that bite....want

11. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Kevin you still out there?

12. kevin101

kevin101 New Member

State:
    Gardner,Kansas
    yes.. got some advise for me?

13. Orlando

Orlando New Member

State:
    kansas
    I've heard Hillsdale is a beautiful lake. May have to try to get down there. A friend of mine always hits the Walleye on the dam and uses twister tails.

14. kevin101

kevin101 New Member

State:
    Gardner,Kansas
    I am going there tomorrow night and just wondering at on the dam to go for walleyes.....?

15. kevin101

kevin101 New Member

State:
    Gardner,Kansas
    anyone else is going for walleyes at Hillsdale Lake?

16. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    KU plays tomorrow night, so I wont be able to make it. Im planning on going Sat. afternoon and possibly staying into the night. It might rain Sat. evening , but Ill just be sure to take my rain suit.

17. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    That one way to get 10 posts.:wink::smile2:

18. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Im going to the Outlet at Perry tomorrow morning , if anyone cares to join me.

19. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Ive heard from 4 different people now that the Saugers are biting real well down there.

20. kevin101

kevin101 New Member

State:
    Gardner,Kansas
    really want to go but so for this week i take couple of days off fishing already....and really have to work tomorrow..