Hillsdale Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by recurvericky, Apr 17, 2007.

1. recurvericky

recurvericky New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Can any of you give up information on catching Flatheads at Hillsdale. I have a boat so that will give me access to more of the lake.

2. recurvericky

recurvericky New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Helllllooooo out there.

3. KingCat

KingCat New Member

State:
    Olathe Kansas
    All I can say is there's evidence of trot lines all over the timbered areas.

4. duckgetr

duckgetr New Member

State:
    Kansas
    go up the big bull arm straight across from antioch boat ramp. the channel on that side of the big bull arm is were everybody has the most luck. Me and my friends caught two 30's and a 45# last year. But it gets crowded during prime time. And someone out there likes to steal peoples limb line rigs. So watch out.

5. LBM

LBM New Member

State:
    Prairie Village, Kansas
    Your sure right about that. I've cut three or four abandonded and mossey covered lines out there after hooking them with crappie jigs or my trolling motor.

The lake is now three feet high and rising. Guess that means there will be more abandonded lines left out there now by the irresponsible line setters that won't take care of their sets.

6. recurvericky

recurvericky New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I looked at Google map to see were big bull arm is and I am a little confused. You said straight across from the Antioch Ramp. Did you mean the creek that is east of the ramp or the creeks northwest of the ramp. I would like as much info as possible.

7. LBM

LBM New Member

State:
    Prairie Village, Kansas
    If you launch your boat from the Antioch Ramp you are on the Big Bull arm of the Lake. Its the Big Bull arm as far as you can go north west and its Big Bull arm going south east until you can turn to the Northeast at Hillsdale Point at which point you would be headed up the Little Bull Arm of Hillsdale Lake.

Smith Branch is the small cove or creek just east of or behind the Antioch Ramp.