Hillsdale lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by GrandpaGoneFishing, Nov 9, 2009.

1. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Any body been fishing Hillsdale? I have not been there for a long time and was thinking of heading there some time this week. any help would be appreciated. On the lake or in the spill way.

2. Circlehook Jester

Circlehook Jester New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I fish Hillsdale. Lately, I have been trying my hand at drift fishing out there. Have caught some channels cats, no flatheads. The channel cat seem to still be on the channel ledges and at the deeper, timbered horse shoe bends. If you have one of those hydrographic maps of Hillsdale, it will show you where the bends are. I wouldn't suggest the spillway, they haven't been running water at all lately. Crappie are ok right now. Fish are in about 18-20 foot of water.

3. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thanks for all the info Thad. I live just over in the north east corner of Linn County. I can see the stacks out my back door. I'm hoping to get over that way some time this week and I appreciate the forecast.
    If you ever have an empty seat or looking for one. With a little notice, Give me a shout. We can do Hillsdale or La Cygne or any of the little ponds here in Linn county I can get to. And More. ​

4. Circlehook Jester

Circlehook Jester New Member

State:
    Kansas

5. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Even better, thats just across the street form me. I was talking with Brandon about going to middle creek tomorrow but might just have to go to La Cygne. I kinda figured it wouldn't heat up for another couple weeks. Good to hear. Thanks again!​

6. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    A match made in heaven, seems like....