Hillsdale Lake Continuing...

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Rajun_Cajun, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    well on sunday it was my dads birthday and we got him a fish fryer and fried a bunch of walleye and crappie with it. but we were gonna go night fishing that night but then we got to tired so we decided to go monday morning really early. so i wake up around 5:30 and headed down to the gas station/baitshop. we decided to get some goldfish and let me tell you, did they work! we decided to fish the old roadbed across from marrysville. within 10 minutes of baiting on a goldfish i had a hookup(unfortunately the only one of the day) when i reeled the fish into the bank it was a fat big channel cat perfectly hooked in the corner of the mouth with a 9/0 Gamakatsu octapus hook(i highly suggest buying some) i was gonna keep it, then i got to lazy because i didnt wanna clean fish. so if your looking for a good spot to fish on the weekends or something i suggest the roadbed across from marrysville, and also bring yourself a good amount of goldfish. if you have anytime my dad, barbel, and myself will be down there thursday evening, if you want to join us that would be fun. :004:

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I've sure heard a lot of big flathead stories (all on trotlines) from Hillsdale this year. I've only fished there a few times, mostly for crappie. I may have to give it another try.