Hillsborough river fishing

Discussion in 'FLORIDA RIVERS TALK' started by Wyndigo, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Wyndigo

Wyndigo New Member

State:
    gone
    anyone ever fish the river for cats? if so, whats a good place to fish from the bank and rigs/baits to use :) just another place to try if possible

Alan

2. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    hey alan
    try sargeant park on 301 north of fowler.it has a board walk that leads down to the river where you can fish.
    the best way i found to fish this area is take some bread and make dough balls and catch wild shiners and use them for cut bait.the park has a pass you can buy for after hour fishing it used to be 5 dollars a month or 30 dollars a year .i've caught a lot of nice ones outta there and like the other nite when i had two at the same time there i had 4 on at the same time (i caught three)... give it try... :D

3. Wyndigo

Wyndigo New Member

State:
    gone
    hey John I'll have to give that a try, I know that area a little, have walked out on the boardwalk a couple of times, just wasnt sure if there were many cats out there or not.
    Can get a few shiners at my uncles place... hmmm might also get a few cats there, since I put some in his pond :)

Alan

4. katfish hunter

katfish hunter New Member

State:
    Jacksonville,FL.
    If you ever get a chance try fishin the St. Johns. I've caught many big 60lb.+ cats in it.

5. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    hey katfish hunter, were they blues or flatties?

6. katfish hunter

katfish hunter New Member

State:
    Jacksonville,FL.
    I believe that there blues

7. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    where ya been mike?????