Hight tech Ol Whiskers rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by barboot1, Sep 16, 2008.

1. barboot1

barboot1 New Member

State:
    WV
    Any body ever tried one of these rods. They seem to be put together well and priced very cheap. Any input fellas? Thanks
    Brian

2. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I bought my wife the 8 ft model and she has pulled in her PB blue of 40 plus on it. She uses an zebco 808 on it.

3. barboot1

barboot1 New Member

State:
    WV
    Thats the model I'm lookin at I have a rhino baitcaster on a 6'6 rod right now but I want to go to 8 for better casting distance. Thanks
    BK

4. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I have an 8 foot and for the money, I can overlook the crooked eyes... it seems like a good value for the money. Has nice action and seems to cast well.

My reel fits nicely, unlike my Rhino which broke the rear of the reel seat when I installed the reel... (it's now a big drink stirrer....)

5. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    i have a 9ft rod, havent caught any fish on it yet, so no help there, but i am buying another 8 or 9ft rod with an abu garcia 6500 reels

6. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    yeah i have the 10 foot spinning. got mine at gander mountain though. for the money, id buy the american spirit nitestick. not to much more expensive and a hell of alot more rod.

7. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    The HT rod lines are actually developed by the IN-FISHERMAN boys, they do not endorse their products on most of the shows, probably make more $ for using the sponsors products, Me and a buddy use the HT COAST MASTER CLASSIC RODS 7 ft heavy action......... They are some great cattin rods

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I have 2 of them rods 9' MH Spinning.. Had them or 3 or 4 years and they have done well for me. Havn't hung any 60# hogs on them but would trust them if I did