Highly devoted big cincinnati reds fan :)

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Matt_Clouse, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Matt_Clouse

Matt_Clouse New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    this is the number one team in baseball but only one flaw ... relief pitching but good news is griffey has broke out of the slump he hit 5 straight hit games 4 of them games he hit homeruns :) and hes doing a good job helping the reds close in on division lead b4 he clips the cardinals wings :) ....can i post that pic in the hunting section LOL

2. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Matt. I'm a Reds fan too but haven't been able to follow them too closely this year. I'm glad Griffey isn't in a slump and or hurt again. I seen where he's been in the league for 18yrs now. I didn'[t realize that. If anyone was going to break Hank's record I would have wanted it to be him. I don't think he'll make it.
    I wish the Reds would spend some $$ and get a couple decent relievers.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Trade Dunn, and Lopez if you have to for reliefe help, this team might win it all with just decent reliefe

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Noooooo! Keep Lopez. Trade Dunn... Maybe. Trade Griffey.... Maybe

The problem I see w/ trading Dunn is the fact that he puts butts in seats. He's one of the few that are "home grown". I saw him play prob 10 games in Dayton. I'd hate to see him leave, espically for relief pitching. For a string starter.... perhaps.

I know Griffey is busting out, but in my mind he is one left turn on any basepath or one diving catch from goind down at any given time.

I say sign Phillips to an extension, sign Ross to an extension. I'd like to see them unload Larue for a relief pitcher, but he comes w/ a hefty price tag.

5. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,

The Reds aren't clipping the Redbirds wings... The White Sox and the Tigers, as well as a couple guys named Mulder, Marquis and especially Isringhausen are doing that all by themselves. Hopefully we'll make it to the All Star break and regroup and reduce the up and coming Big Red machine to Astro status. BTW, What is an Astro anyway?!?!

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wel after to straight losses to the Indians, it is more apparant the reds need relife help, as well as a starting pitcher for the fith spot..I wish they would bring up Homer Baily for the fith spot in the rotation..Mary Brennaman was the one who brought up offering Lopez for pitching help..He said Phillips needs to play shortstop...That would leave Freel at 2nd.

7. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    Clipping Redbird Wings??? Oh lordy Mr Clouse, I do admire the dedication to your team but Cincy Pitching smells a little like the trunk of my car! I got to clean that thing out, those ol liver tubs do get to stinkin. Now i would be open to trading griffey to the cardinals but only after he got off the steroids......heh heh

8. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I like the idea of trading Lopez and putting Phillips at SS and Freel at 2nd. I don't see Dunn nor Griffey going anywhere. Not soon anyway. I also say get rid of Larue and sign Ross to an extension.

9. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Im a big reds fan too,but no middle relief pitching if they get that they are in,but 1st they have to beat the cards this week or they are going no where with them losing,and all the other teams are closing in the gap on the wild card also.They just traded and picked up about 6 new pitchers and they are not doing so hot.

10. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Yeah their pitching still sucks. Anyone paying attention to what Freel is doing defensively? He is unbelievable. Espn top 10 plays three days in a row. I bet last nights catch will be #1.

11. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    freel is the face of the franchise right now.he reminds me of pete rose and that is why everybody loves him.i didnt mind trading kearns cause i knew that would give freel a shot but we could've got somthing a little better than than what we got for both lopez and kearns

12. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I totally agree.

13. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    I'm a Reds fan too

14. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    WOW! what a game last night, hats off to the reds as they hung in there against carpenter last night. Chris was razor sharp too, hated to see him lose after such a great effort. The ol boy who hit the home run....dang what a blast, I think it left the stadium dead center didn't it?

Today the Birds will roll!!!!

GO CARDS!

egg

15. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    watch out here we come go reds!!!!!!

16. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    YESSSSSSSSSssssss! Victory is sweet! Another good game and a great series. Ought to be a barn burner next week at Busch. Wonder how come griffey does so much better on the road then at home...he could of killed us today.

GO CARDS!

egg

17. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Don't look back, the team in brick red jerseys may be gaining. Clements pitched a gem of 6 innings. With a win tonite, looks likely right now, and the Reds playing and losing to the Cards, its getting tight in the wild card.

18. hoggmaster

hoggmaster New Member

State:
    ohio
    huge reds fan here also....been to a couple of games this year...
    they need to get their heads out of their a$$e$ and win some ballgames
    getting to close to the end of the seaon to be blowing games
    LETS GO CINCY!!!!!

19. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    yeah freel is one he!! of a ball player he goes at it like rose did.