Highland Lakes upper

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by centexcop, Nov 4, 2008.

Which of the Highland Lakes do you prefer for Catfishing

1. Lake Travis

2. Lake Marble Falls

3. Lake LBJ

4. Inks Lake

5. Lake Buchanan

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Of the Highland Lakes, which do you prefer to fish and which one have you had your best catfish success at?

I like to fish LBJ, but have had good success up river on Lake Travis. I hear that Buchanan is good, but I haven't had too much cat fishing success there. I haven't fished Inks or Marble Falls for Catfish... yet.....

2. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Voted Buchanan because it's the only one of those I've been to :big_smile:. I usually head south.

Interested to see what others have to say.

3. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    I like Buchanan too because of its many characteristics. It has lots of open water and then theres plenty of inlets/creeks and up river to go to. Buchanan can get rough though.... I've been up river several times and the wind remained calm until I would head back out to the main part of the lake and there were white caps everywhere... Makes for a rough ride back to the ramp.

4. BIGCATFISHDAN

BIGCATFISHDAN New Member

State:
    texas
    UPPER LAKE TRAVIS I CATCH 50+ POUNDERS OCCASIANALLY OF THE BANK FOR I HAVE NO BOAT

5. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Do you use the LCRA Parks, Jackson Bottom (now called camp creek), Shaffer Bend, or the spicewood side? I think it's pretty good just below the dam, but it is such a hard walk down the hill at "the ramp".