High water

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by MO RIVER MAN, Aug 4, 2006.

1. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    The missouri river is high right now and I didn't know what part of the river was the best the channel side or the the other side.( i don't know what its called) on another note does anyone feel that you get no small bites before and after you hook into a big one. I caught a small channel and had a few smaller bites then went 30 min with nothing than had a good one on and lost it ($#@@) than nothing any thoughts?

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    what part of Iowa are you in because it's not all that high here. We could stand to get some rain to raise the water up some though.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    According to the USGS river montor web site, the Missouri River at Kansas City hasn't moved more than a few inches over the last week or so.

Up at Omaha, the Missouri river has come up almost 18 inches in the last week, though it's now starting to drop again.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/rt - you can drill-down to the location you're interested in.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Thanks for the web site.Now I can check on the smaller bodies of water in my area. Great info.

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thanks for the Site from Iowa also Will Asve it on the favorits

6. xxx MASTERFISHER xxx

xxx MASTERFISHER xxx New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've found that this is true alot of times. If I'm having alot of small bites then they stop all of a sudden, I get ready for a big one. If it's gar that are messing with my bait and they just stop then I'd say 9 times out of 10 it's a big cat.