High water

Discussion in 'MINNESOTA RIVERS TALK' started by rushing, Jun 17, 2006.

1. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hope we dont get too much rain tonight. The river shot up alittle over 2ft here in Kato since yesterday!

2. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    It hasnt gone up much in the cities......... at least not yet.

3. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    It sure has come up around here. I was out until 3:30am tryin out my new rod n reel. I managed to break in my new camera as well with this absolute monster of a flathead. I dubbed this fish "the BEAST"! I was very lucky I had a couple of friends with me to help me land this BEAST.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g155/amusingtheamazing/100_0040_00.jpg

:roll_eyes:

4. hanson

hanson New Member

State:
    Plymouth, MN
    Its up now Larry! Fisher Dave & I put in at Shakopee this afternoon and the current was ripping and high. Lots of logs, leaves, and debris floating in the river as well. Not just small logs either, looks like a good number of snag piles let loose somewhere as there were some major trees moving around.

We really don't want to see any more rain this week.

5. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hey Hanson
    I spoke with Dave for a bit when you guys were trailering the boat. Did you get you guys get any bumps or runs?
    I launched out of shakopee the night before, The current is moving a little faster, but its not gone up too much. (not more than 1-2ft) from what I can see and USGS. It made it kind of tricky if you were trying anchor in the main current. I had 2 runs that night. We didnt go to far from the launch.
    thanks
    Larry

6. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Was out last night fishing at what has to be one of the nicest shore spots I have ever fished. At this time of year at this spot the lightening bugs are a true wonder of nature. It was like a million tiny flash bulbs going off at a monster truck show, all night long. Glad I had them to look at because we saw absolutly no fish action all night! PLEASE no more rain!!!!

7. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    went out Wed night for a little while, and I cant believe how much the river has went up. No runs at all :angry:

8. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Went out tonight Fri 6/23. The water is up and swift tried some new spots, Had two runs. One did quite the number on my bullie. The thing was still alive!
    Waited out the Thunderstorms. That shut the bite down for a bit.
    Have a good time in Mankato this weekend. I would have like to go but the wifes birthday is tomorrow.
    thanks.
    Larry

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

your lucky he didn't break your line or your new pole. lol