high water still producing

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by river scum, Sep 16, 2008.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    wel i have been doing the rain dance but no results.lol i have been getting bit on the rises given off by the dam though. night before last i caught 4 fish a 12-14-20- and a 24. last night i caught 3 fish, a 14 25 and a 31( missed three runs). the thirty one pounder had two hook in him from previously unlucky anglers. the rising waters from dam release are getting smaller and smaller but till they cease ill keep hitting them. its been such a long dry summer ill even go hit a 1ft rise. i have been hoping for a few eaters for the freezer but havent caught any small enough yet.

the two hooks-http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii171/river_scum/2hooksalreadyinhim.jpg

holding the thirty one im not shy i had smoke in my eyes. lol- http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii171/river_scum/31.jpg

2. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Congrats on the great fish! Gotta love fishing in water on the rise!!!

3. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Nice Catch!

4. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    looks like you've had some productive runs here lately, nice job. What body of water are you fishin'?

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    ah, that age old question. PM sent to ya my fellow CPRer.:wink: lol

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The rain here was worthless for bring the river up.
    I thought about your last picture... for 8 hrs last night as I was fishin' my @ss of trying to pick up a flattie worth while... I knew I was hittin' 'em in the head with my bait.... I dunno man, the moon had the river lit up like a baseball stadium so I couldnt sneak up on the log jams too well. I made myself feel better by blaming the conditions but after seeing the flatties you caught last night it whacks the hell outta my self confidence LOL!

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    oh come on now i dont believe that. lol

i didnt get a thing after the moon crested the trees bill. the best bite was from an hour after dark til about 11:00pm. i bet you just didnt get enough rain in your area to move the fish. i felt the same watching blazer posting fat hogs earlier this season.lol

8. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Sounds like a great report Tim. Thanks for the pictures.

9. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well like I said before, (for years lol) I NEED a jet to get into no mans land away from the fishing pressure thats draining the the local holes of the flatties during dry times like this... you may not have caught that flattie with the hook in it's mouth if the dude would've gotten it in the boat who knows. Matter of fact, I caught a huge channel the other night that had it's lower jaw ripped from a stringer.... theres a huge flattie swimmin' around with a whole spool of braid streamin' from it's jaw...
    Seems everything around (or was) is in a frying pan, or has already been caught or almost caught 'least once.
    Sorry 'bout the ramble LOL... just freakin' out a little because the seasons closing without enough rain to refresh the flattie supply in the river around here...
    Well, I'll just buck up and press harder to get what scragglers I can till the rain moves more fish that I can get to around here... it's killin' me though waaaaaaaaaa!
    BTW, nice flatties Tim! Catchin 'em now sure helps seperates the men from the mice.... LMAO!
    I Think I gotta hankerin' for some cheese:confused2:

10. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats on a great day of catching some nice fish!

11. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Nice pic of the unlucky angler hooks.

12. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    had some friends fish with me tonight for a while and caught some smaller ones, "eaters". bite was slow and they had enough at 10:00. i stayed to fish a bit longer(you know when its QUIET lol). wasnt 10 min. after they left i had a run and poked a teen-ager. 20 min later another hit but it went away. i set my pole down and started for my log seat and zing he came back and didnt stop. this time i won and ended the night with this 24#er. came home at 11:30. sometimes it pays to stay a bit longer:wink:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii171/river_scum/24er.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii171/river_scum/24.jpg

13. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nice flatty Tim... You seem to be having a run of luck...

14. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    dang, I need to get me one of those log seats lol!
    Those are good clear pictures!

15. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the fishin

16. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man, I keep lookin' at that picture... that fish just looks heavier then 24#'s... you sure your scales are good?:confused2:

17. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Dr.Pepper has never seen a fish that big before... LOL

So Bill. whats on your agenda for tomm night.. Im hitting the river.

18. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It just looks bigger then 24 I think, lol.

Shooooot man, I'm gettin' me a log seat and goin' fishin' with riverscum!:wink:

19. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    Bill, i mite have to test that scale. i have been questioning the scales accuracy myself the last week or so. it has been a long time since i have put a liplock on these kinda fish though. lol
    also bill the camera is new(cannon a580) and was on timer because i was alone. i have lost photos of some nice fish over the years due to people not knowing how to hold still! we will see what tonight brings. the water is still a few feet high, so you never know.

20. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It takes nice pictures... I need a camera with a timer like that... 90% of the time I fish alone... I don't own any scales either. Good luck tonight, I can't wait to see what ya haul in next! This 'feels' like it'll be a good night... If I go, it'll have to be after the bite at about 11pm unless I can find a BOC brother to babyset for me:big_smile:
    I'll definately be out there Thurs. and Fri. nights.