High water or low water?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by papabear108, Mar 3, 2009.

1. papabear108

papabear108 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Which is better to fish; high water or low water? With the recent rain and snow fall in North Carolina my favorite spot (Jordan Lake) is high by 2 feet. Will the bite be worse? Should I focus on creek inlets or look for the deep channels? I am looking for channel cats primarily but I figured this is a good series of questions for any catfish.... your thoughts?:confused2:

Brian "BEAR" Lantz

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Here in Okla when the lake is coming up or up I fish the creeks that run in. Right now Ft Gibson in 4 ft above normal and the channel cat are biting in the creeks. Also you will pick up a blue. I hope it stays like this for a couple more weeks.

3. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    I would fish the feeder creeks and up closer to the bank. I wouldn't mess with the deeper water right now. What are you using R&R or setting out lines ?

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Its always a good idea to fish the mouth of those feeder creeks.I find when the water is high i catch the bigger cats and when its low all i catch is the smaller channel cats.I dont know it could be just me it might be the opposite with someone else,thats just how it normally works out for me.

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Like they said before me. Go to where the food is washing into the lake.....