High Water on the Monongahela River

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by catchinghogs, Jul 6, 2007.

1. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Just wandering how the water is in your area of PA right now here on the mon the water came way up over night and is pretty muddy. That was some rain we got last night.

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Here in Philly we got plenty of rain also:0a5: the creeks looked like rivers yesterday,but the skuke looked normal when I drovepastit this morning.

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I just checked the website and it don't appear the Allegheny came up at all! We may not have got as much rain as you all done a bit further south in Pa! Those rising waters may trigger them Cats down on the Mon!:wink:

4. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    The mon came up through the night last night I heard they have to let water out of cheat lake when we get rain like that should be back to normal in a couple of days.

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I'm not gonna lie to you guys, I pray for weather like this. I wanted to redeem myself for the bas trip to Santee-Cooper last week so I decided to give a 8 hour session. We started at 8 PM and the first 3 spots produced 7 fish to 16lbs. We made our last stop at 3:30 AM when we were in a flathead feeding drenzy. We had 4 rods out and within 45 minutes, we had a 6 pack!

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Pics from last night's haul. All released back into the Mighty Skuke!

7. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Nice going Blacky !!! I'm glad to see the river is wakeing up. We're still at a standstill up north here :embarassed:

8. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Great Pictures Blacky:0a31: Glad to see the bite is on

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Blacky - Congrats on the nice haul of Flatheads!:big_smile:Nice pics!:cool2: