High Water Oct. Flathead Catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by pendog66, Oct 8, 2009.

1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Does anyone have experience with high water Fall flatheads?? I have a feeling i might be done after this rain, we are suppose to get over 3 inches here. I did get out yesterday and missed a very nice fish. Hopefully i can get out again because that fish definately would leave a bad taste in my mouth until spring

2. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Check the forecast for Saturday. Water levels are going to spike. I'd really like to get out ....

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio

Nate, as long as the water temp is above 45/46 degrees the next couple weeks, the Flatheads will be on the same patterns as spring, when the water temp starts getting close to 50.

They feed a little cooler in the fall, than they start in the spring.
    The best outcome from rain is HIGH water, that will push them into eddys and slack current. I'd start looking there. Especially slack/eddy's near a deep hole or deep area with structure.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  4. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    The spot I have gotten some fish recently is on a outside bend with a deep hole. I don't know if it's deep enough for the flatheads to overwinter in but it is still some of the deepest water for about 5 miles. I was getting bit in the hole and on the shallows on the inside of the bend.

5. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    When the water comes up the fishing always gets better in this area.

6. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    that could be arranged:big_smile: