High water in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by okiefishkiller, Jun 17, 2007.

1. okiefishkiller

okiefishkiller New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    THERE'S BEEN SO MUCH HIGH WATER IN THIS AREA, MOST OF MY RIVER FISHING HAS STOPPED. HAVE'NT DONE MUCH LOOKIN' IN THE LAKES EITHER. JUST BEEN GOING UP TO SKIATOOK FOR HYBRID, BEEN AVERAGING ABOUT TEN FISH IN A SIX HR. TRIP, FROM 5 TO 10 LBS. IT'S GITTIN' TO HOT TO KEEP SHAD ALIVE OUTSIDE IN " THE BIG TANK". HOPE WE START GITTIN' BACK TO SEMI NORMAL LEVELS. I'M SHURE READY TO START CATTIN' AGAIN. THIS HYBRID STUFF IS TOO MUCH WORK:crazy:

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Please do not send any more water to us down the Arkansas River. That river is my fishing area and Oklahoma you are send us just to much.:smile2::tounge_out::big_smile:

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Top, we are just being nasty. Texas wants to buy the excess water in Oklahoma, so we are sending it to Arkansas. LOL Guess its not funny to those in north/northeastern Texas though.

4. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    wasn't too far back we were way too dry and havin all the fires and such... now there's been way too much rain... would sure like it to go somewhere else for a while...

5. bobbabouy

bobbabouy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I live in SW Missouri and in a 3 day stretch we got almost 15" of rain. Lots of local flooding. Hopefully that will be all for a while, as we desperately need a break. I haven't even gone to see what the local river looks like, but here in a few days I feel the need to catfish again.

I imagine Spring River and Neosho River have been supplying lots of water to those in need. Glad to hear Oklahoma is sharing it's wealth with its Arkansas neighbors.:big_smile:

6. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good to see you bro. Was over at Bernice over by Grove Okla. and the lake was way up in the park, but they must of had the gate's at the DAM wide open. Water was dropping fast The 5 or 6 hours i was there. Can the people around Jasper County say "flash flood". :0a20: lol

7. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
  8. mudfarmer

mudfarmer New Member

State:
    Texoma
    texomas finally close to normal bank levels but still releasing 20,000 cf/sec (on this date in 2000 it was only 40) and we just had lots of rain upstream. i hope it don't come up too much,just startin to dry out enuf to get my pickup around.

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    last summer, when it was 105 degrees and we had been without rain for a year, i vowed it would be a long time before i complained about cold and wet weather......that vow is causing me a little discomfort now, but i am still thankful for the rain. i would rather have too much water than not enough.

i sure would like to go fishing again, tho:smile2:

10. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    The Arkansas river was flowing 137000 at lock and dam 13 early today. Please stop sending water to Arkansas. We dont need it.LOL:lol:

11. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Mike you got my back:big_smile:! We need the flow to stop!!!

12. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I think maybe them guys down in 'Bama could use it... it'd push the salt water outta the Mobile Delta...

13. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    All you Arkie boy's ain't gonna like this.

Keystone is letting out 37022 cubic feet per second

And Robert S Kerr is letting out 154950 feet per second.

Looks like ya'll got a bunch more water heading that way for a while.

14. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    There ought to be a way we could divert some of that water to Texas so the good old boys, like Bud and Danny, can bathe more often. That once a week just don't cut it. LOL

15. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    please fellows arkansas is already selling water to texas and ok.stop desist quit our fires are out,our lakes are full.all we need now is some water in our little creeks and rivers.dont send any more water down the arkansas.
    pretty please with sugar on it.

16. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    just got back from fishin denison dam, it was roaring water for sure! didn't keep us from catching cats and stripers though. saturday we went up to blanchard s. of oklahoma city, and despite the fast water, still caught enough channels for a fish fry.
    sure is wet out there!

17. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Saw last nights news about the flooding in N. Texas. Guess it is nothing for me to be joking about. Here is wishing those old boys and gals the best of luck and hopes they will at least partially dry out soon.

18. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Still to much rain. The current on the river is dangerous.

19. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Top, FuzzFace and I went to fish the tail waters at Kaw Dam. When we got there, they were running the two generating flues plus 4 of the gates were open. About 12:00 PM they shut all the gates and the river dropped about 3' in nothing flat. Maybe that means the other rivers feeding into the Arkansas is also receding. Time will tell. If you just get delirious for the taste of fish, may I suggest Long John Silvers. LOL

20. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Buddy, I sure hope you are correct, The river needs to slow!