High Water Fishing Tips

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by waynesburgjay, Mar 18, 2008.

1. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    With spring comes high water. I like to fish the mouths of feeder creeks or anywhere the water is not moving so fast.
    I've had some real good days when the water was up.
    With all the rain in the forecast , was hoping it might wake the catfish up a little bit maybe wash some food around.
    What's your thought on high water?

2. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    I alway's had good fishin with high water, but not this year. But I'll keep trying.

3. socex

socex New Member

State:
    Industry, Pennsylvania
    I have had some of my best outings with high waters. It is a little early for the flattys, but the high water will definately turn on the channels right now.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I havent ever done any good fishing when the water was real high, hopefully soon I will though

5. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    I had good luck with Channel cats during high water. I also like the mouth of feeder creeks. Just seems like they are there waiting for stuff coming from the feeder creek.

6. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey I never though about that, I know a spot just like that. Today it was running high and muddy, maybe in a day or too it might be right.

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    High water is the best time to catch big cats.

8. riv56

riv56 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Hi water is a good time to go after those flatheads i

9. riv56

riv56 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Sorry about that last post wasnt complete I like to get in below a dam put on a big old blue gill an enough lead to get him to the bottom sit back an wait

10. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    just started fishing for flatheads a few years ago and last year was first time i got to fish really high water for them. each time had really good luck getting into them . seemed like my friend and i would tie into some with a good bit of size to them. unfortunately a lot of them got off. looking to correct mistakes we made last year and land some of those hogs. seemed like the higher water really flipped the switch for those flatheads though.

11. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    hopefully the water will go down and fish will pick up